Preemies

What a Big Day!! Updated PIP

Today was such a big day for our little Dominic, he got weened out of his isolette and moved to an open crib, he just turned a month old on the 11th, he weighs in at a little over 4 lbs and today when we tried nursing he ate 13 mls, it was only our third attempt. And the nurse said that his high flow cannula hose was spraying water up his nose and so she fixed it and he hasn't d-statted so far tonight. we also put his little leather jacket on that his aunt made him. They are going to offer him a bottle tonight and we might get to give him his first bath on Friday!

This has certainly been a rollercoaster ride and I can't believe it has already been a month since our little guy made his escape. I am so thankful for his nurses and doctors and the U of U. Hopefully he will get to come home soon, but not before he is ready. His nurse told us today, without getting our hopes to high, that we better get in to take the discharge class and get his car seat. Aww I still can't even believe I am a mom!  

Re: What a Big Day!! Updated PIP

• Congrats! This is such wonderful news. I am sitting here pumping and looking forward to the day when we can hopefully try nursing!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Congrats!!! I remembered the move-to-crib day...it was awesome ;) 

We're bringing home one of our girls tomorrow (barring radical changes), and the other will be following in a couple of weeks....the last few weeks in the NICU were, BY FAR, the longest. You hit all of these milestones so quickly, and then if they don't pick up bottle feeding, it feels like weeks and weeks of no progress. Hopefully you won't be in that boat -- many LOs pick it up "overnight" (or, so we've heard....a bajillion times) ;)

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Very, very exciting! Can you please post a picture of him in his leather jacket? Good luck with the feeding! It may not happen as quickly as you'd like, but it'll happen.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Congratulations on the birth of your little guy. Sounds like he is making great progress. Hope he is home with you soon.

• Yay!! And, he looks adorable in the leather jacket!  GL with feeding and that he'll be home in no time!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Great news! Graduating to an open crib is a big deal and I am very happy to hear that. Your LO is super adorable too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay for the open crib! After my DS moved into an open crib my husband and I would joke that we didn't need the fancy crib at home, just needed a tupperware box since thats what their open cribs looked like.  Love the leather jacket!
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sounds like he's doing great!  And he is quite the cutie!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"