Preemies
Options

Completely outraged, need to vent!!!

Where do I start...I have a 26 weeker that is 4 1/2 months, 1 1/2 adjusted. Yesterday we had an appointment at the high risk clinic to do a check for development and a room air trial. Things went really, really well and I was so excited to get home and share the news with family and friends on facebook, as we always do. After posting his status update I saw several friends of mine had been posting picture of their babies in their football gear for a contest put on by a local radio station. I thought to myself, why not?! So I dug through some pics and found one that I really liked with LO wearing our local college team apparel and posted it to the contest. Not really paying attention to it for the rest of the evening, my husband got a notification on his phone saying someone commented on the picture. So I got on to see and this is what I found..."That's not fair that baby only winning because ppl feel sorry that should not be counted not tryin to mean but just sayin" posted by someone I do not know. I WAS COMPLETELY OUTRAGED! It was hard not to go off on this random person but I commented back, "Wow! Really?!?!" and then they responded, "It's true that baby's cute for real and I'm sorry for the condition but thatis seriously y they got so many votes but i hope y'all win". I just don't know what to say. I am shocked that someone would not only think these thoughts, but post them on the internet for everyone to see. Anyone ever deal with people like this before? It is taking every last nerve of me not to tell her off.  

Re: Completely outraged, need to vent!!!

• Options
    I would let it go. Given the level of, um, intelligence exhibited via his or her comments, I'm not sure you could have an educated conversation with that individual on just about any topic.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That is horrible!!!!! They are just jealous that your baby is cuter than theirs is!!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry that someone made such a jerky comment to you. I would also be fuming mad and want to tell that person off. However, there is no sense in talking to someone who is obviously ignorant. I bet they are just mad cause your baby is way cuter!!!Smile
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBrummy14:
    I would let it go. Given the level of, um, intelligence exhibited via his or her comments, I'm not sure you could have an educated conversation with that individual on just about any topic.

this.. perfectly put

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, I'm sorry you had someone write that. I am with PPs though, that you should probably just brush it off.

DH manages the websites for a group of newspapers and part of his job is to monitor comments. He reads all sorts of things like that.

There's a whole lot of stupid out there and unfortunately, you just can't argue with them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepunky917:
    I am sorry that someone made such a jerky comment to you. I would also be fuming mad and want to tell that person off. However, there is no sense in talking to someone who is obviously ignorant. I bet they are just mad cause your baby is way cuter!!!Smile

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm with pp, some people just like to show their ignorance. I probably wouldn't have had the self restraint to keep from telling that idiot off, even though its pretty pointless to argue with morons on the internet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"