Pre-School and Daycare

Sleep Issues

So for the past month or so DD does not want to go to sleep at bed time (about 8:30 ish) It takes about 1 - 1.5 hours to finally get her to stay in bed. Then she wakes in the middle of the night once or twice, and she wakes up anywhere between 4 & 6. Basically she is getting an average of 7 hours of sleep. Is that really enough for an almost 4 year old? She does get a short mid afternoon nap usually about an hour and a half. On the way to school/daycare she tells me she is tired and in the evening half way through dinner she says the same thing. Any thoughts or is this maybe a phase?

We have tried doing bedtime earlier but that does not work at all, and I need her to be up at 6 to get ready for school/daycare.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

Re: Sleep Issues

• I agree that the nap could be screwing up her night sleep. DS stopped napping at 2.5 so I have no advice on how to make the nap go away. I will say that when DS grabs a nap in the car or something which is rare, he litterally is awake at bedtime for the same amount of time he napped. Example, he slept 30 min on sunday on the way home from a moon bounce place. Sunday night, he jumped around in his bed for exactly 30 min before settling in for his normal 11.5 hrs of sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with dropping the nap. When DS was just about 3 he started having a really hard time going to bed and it would take up to 2 hours before he'd finally stay in bed go to sleep. So we dropped his nap and bedtime was instantly so much easier. He still has some down time in the afternoon but it didn't take him long to adjust to no naps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My son has been doing the same.  He is 31/2 and always been a great sleeper since he was 10 months.  Just recently he is playing more "games" at bedtime to try to say up longer and crying out for us after being in bed for a bit.  He has also been periodically waking up in the middle of the night... We have dropped most naps, tho he still seems to need them every few days.  Additionally we have started taking turns putting him to sleep at night, so less back and forth between DH and I.  It's working, just giving him more time for his bedtime routine rather then play time helps keep bedtime on track too for us.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"