Pre-School and Daycare

mamas of 3+

So I think we are making the leap in TTC #3. After DD was born, we were so sure that we were done that we actually sold our baby stuff (swing, bouncy, etc). But during the past 3-4 months, I think we have changed our minds.

So, questions

1. did you always think "3" or whatever your total number is or did that change over time?

2. what is the major difference from 2 to 3? Seems to be a different transition from the 1 to 2.

3. people who have 2 or less always talk about "3" being scary b/c you are outnumbered. I think that is crap....is it?

I hope we're not completly insane.....we have very little family help (no grandparents either) and we could lose our minds!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mamas of 3+

• imagejccat:
    So I think we are making the leap in TTC 3. After DD was born, we were so sure that we were done that we actually sold our baby stuff swing, bouncy, etc. But during the past 34 months, I think we have changed our minds.
    So, questions
    1. did you always think "3" or whatever your total number is or did that change over time?
    2. what is the major difference from 2 to 3? Seems to be a different transition from the 1 to 2.
    3. people who have 2 or less always talk about "3" being scary b/c you are outnumbered. I think that is crap....is it?
    I hope we're not completly insane.....we have very little family help no grandparents either and we could lose our minds!!

1. Always planned to have 2. Then after our 2nd son was born, I did not feel like we were done.

2. I thought 0 to 1 was still the most difficult. Going to the 3rd was super easy for us.

3.I love it! But you are never alone! But it makes having 2 at a time really nice!

I have no help, we just moved 7 months ago and no famiy support and a husband that works long hours. I would not trade this life for anything.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I have a 15 month old, a 3.5 year old and a 13 year old step son.  The main differences for us is no longer having a spare bedroom - not a big deal.  Needing a bigger vehicle - I couldn't fit two carseats and a teenager in my small SVU.  We have a Traverse now.  Also daycare would be a huge issue if he was younger - There is no way I could afford 3 in daycare. I love having three kids.  It makes the family feel more complete.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  I always said 3.  Dh always said 2.  I got twins so I won.  By the time they were 6 weeks he got a vasectomy and I was already pining for #4.  

2.  I went 0-1 and then 1-3.  0-1 was harder.  I didn't know what kind of mom I wanted to be, or could be.  Every sniffle was the end of the world, every bout with constipation was frightening.  Second time around, I was more laid back.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat- my kids are great friends and the transition would be easier than it was for her alone.  

3.  I was out and about with the 3 from the beginning alone.  It can be embarrassing if one is having a fit and I have to wrangle and navigate a parking lot or something, but routine and consistency (despite family members' whining that we are too rigid) keep us running smoothly and cooperatively. But now it rocks, I mean REALLY rocks- they play well together, and if one wanders off and wants to be alone, the other two carry on.  I think the more the merrier!

• 1. did you always think "3" or whatever your total number is or did that change over time? We had kinda always agreed on 4, but this idea was confirmed more and more with each child we added to our family.  We've really gotten into our "groove" with our bigger family. :)

2. what is the major difference from 2 to 3? Seems to be a different transition from the 1 to 2. As long as I had a good double stroller that could accommodate a baby carrier, I was good. I've trained my oldest to walk beside the stroller and my two littles ride. I'm really lucky to have a very involved DH, so most of our outings and home routines are a family affair.  So it's really been an easy transition with each child because of the support I have from him.

3. people who have 2 or less always talk about "3" being scary b/c you are outnumbered. I think that is crap....is it? I think in certain situations it can seem a bit daunting, but with proper planning and effective communication between both parents, I can't imagine anything going terribly wrong. Our biggest obstacle is that they are all so young/close in age, so it does make tantrums harder since the other ones are just as little and don't understand. But we're lucky that those public outbursts have been very rare with any of our kids.

• We don't have 3 yet...but I did the same as you.  There were SO many days I knew I was done with 2 kids.  I got rid of all our stuff and all of DS's clothes.  We had a very difficult time going from 1-2 kids.  Now, we are in a good groove and we've decided to TTC #3.  It would be our last.  We always talked about 3-5 kids.  We quickly lowered our number.  I've had difficult pregnancies and I would have another c-section.  That is why 3 would be our final child.  I know it will be hard in the beginning, but for some reason I don't think it will be harder than going from 1-2 kids.  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great questions. I wonder about this a lot. Since we went straight from 0 to 2 I don't really know yet what adding one baby at a time is like.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"