North Dakota Babies

New to ND with no friends :(

My family and I just moved here. 20wks pregnant, and don't know anything about the area. My husband is working out in the oil fields, 20days gone 10days home. We don't know anybody in the state. All of our family and friends live in Florida, therefore, I have little to no support. Don't get me wrong, my husband is a great man and does everything he can to care for us. But there's only so much he can do 5 hours away. I am a stay at home mom to my 4y/o daughter. She's too young to start school here so I have no means of making mommy friend connections.
Here I am on the bump, (haha seems so silly) looking to find some mommy friends

Re: New to ND with no friends :(

• I live in Minot, what city are you living in? My husband also works in the energy business, and I am six weeks pregnant, no other kids tho!
  • Hello, My name is Teri I am 24 weeks pregnant and my husband and I live in the heart of the oilfield around Williston area. If you live in the general area I would love to talk sometime. That would be tough being so far away from family and friends. Hope things get better for you.

• Loading the player...
  • I am 16weeks along and in the Dickinson area. I already have 2 little ones- oldest is 7 and youngest is 2.

• What part of Fl are you from? I am from the Fort Walton Beach area and now live in Williston, ND. I am not preggers yet but am TTC. I think I actually may be now which is awesome. I want to wait til Christmas Day to take the test. This way my new baby would be like a super special Present.

I work at WSC (the college) and my husband is at Napa here in Williston. How is your baby doing? I hope s/he is doing well.

If you are still looking for a friend in the area we will be here for a while.

• So sorry. I never received a notification that anybody replied. I live in Jamestown. Congratulations on your pregnancy. It's definitely an adventure!

• So sorry. I never received a notification that anybody replied. When we moved here we decided not to live too close to the oil boom. We live in Jamestown. Congrats on your pregnancy
  • We're from the Citrus County area of Florida. I live right next to the Jamestown College. Good luck with your Christmas Gift! The baby has been doing well so far. I have to go in for follow ups next week for Gestational Diabetes and Preeclampcia. hoping we can get another ultrasound done so we can get a definite determination of boy or girl. 
  • I live in Valley City with a 27 month old and a 7 month old.  PM me if you'd like to get together sometime.  We moved here recently, and I'm in need of mommy friends too!
  • i understand how you feel. i moved from tx to nd. no friends no family just the bf and my 2 yr old son. hes military so he works alot. I am in the grand forks area. its hard to find other parent friends.
  • Welcome to ND! I have a good friend in Jamestown, but she doesn't have kids yet. I am in the SW corner of the state. I know it is hard for many newcomers, but I think you will grow to like it. I love Jamestown! We only get there a few times a year though. Take care!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemisfits37:
    i understand how you feel. i moved from tx to nd. no friends no family just the bf and my 2 yr old son. hes military so he works alot. I am in the grand forks area. its hard to find other parent friends.

My husband got out of the Navy June. That's why he was eager to take this job. The pay is great and so are the benefits. The few natives I have talked to (and unsuccessfully attempted to make friends with) have all said how hard it is to make friends around here because everybody knows everybody and they don't step out of their comfort zones and make any attempt to meet new people. It sucks, it's really hard. 
  • imageRunningmomma:
    Welcome to ND! I have a good friend in Jamestown, but she doesn't have kids yet. I am in the SW corner of the state. I know it is hard for many newcomers, but I think you will grow to like it. I love Jamestown! We only get there a few times a year though. Take care!

Thank you for the welcome. We really do like the Jamestown area. It reminds us of our hometown. Only, no woods and it's really friggin cold! haha
  • Well welcome to ND! I hope you have better experiences meeting new people here. I live in the Bismarck area and have a 10 year old boy and 5 weeks pregnant. I was born and raised in ND and left the state for several years and now am back. If you ever make it to the Bismarck area I'd be glad to get together. I always love making new friends. I also drive through or to Jamestown almost every weekend as my son's dad is in the Fargo area so we meet in the middle every week. Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"