Preemies

Lilly Update

Thank you all SO much for all the support in my first post. It helped me realize that I wasn't going out of my mind, that all those emotions were normal.

Since that post, I'm very happy to announce that she's off of CPAP and on cannula! She fluctuated yesterday between 30-35% oxygen, today it's down to 25-30% - we're progressing! Also, they upped her TPN and fat intake, AND they started giving her the colostrum I've been pumping! The first day, the amount I was getting kept going down, but today it's been coming in with my milk, so I've been getting tremendous amounts. She's been taking it and digesting her feedings like a champion, so well that they increased the amount from 8ml to 10ml.

Her biliruben levels went up from 6 to 9, so she's now on a bili blanket and under the bililights.

Today was also a great day because I finally got to hold my little fighting TigerLilly! I got to see her without her 'sunglasses', which was so awesome. She had become inconsolable, and had started desatting. So her nurse took a gamble, wrapped her up, and put her in my arms. BAM - instantaneously, Lilly calmed down, her O2 sats shot back up, and she opened her eyes. This made for one very happy mommy. 

She's doing very well, her nurses are very pleased. I'm hoping - cautiously - that this is a good thing, and that maybe she won't be here that long.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Lilly Update

• Glad to hear such a good update!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• What a great update.  I hope things continue in the same direction!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds great! Congrats on your milk coming in. It feels good to be able to do something for out LOs.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Yay! It's amazing how a mother's touch can fix so many things... I'm so glad you finally got to hold her and it sounds like she was really happy about it as well!!! 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Love your kangaroo story!! And, great update...glad to hear your LO is making such great progress!!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Great progress. I see if you can kangeroo her more often.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"