Pre-School and Daycare

Cute lunch check-in

Not my best week of lunch-packing, but she ate and I guess that's all that matters, right? I did get a new tool, though. It's this: (sorry, not clicky) https://www.allthingsforsale.com/bento-cup-mold/2464-cutezcute-bento-food-deco-cutter-and-pastry-press-kit-859025003073.html  I bought mine on Amazon since I was already placing an order, but either way you do have to pay shipping.

LET ME EXPLAIN!! The idea was "Happy" new year, since this was her first school lunch of the new year. Well, my face features puncher tool is winking instead of smiling. THEN, I discovered these cut mini mushroom cookies I forgot about in my pantry. THEN I realized there was a blemish in the cheese, so I put the party hat on the winking face. SO the overall impression is kind of like the happy guy ate some mushrooms at a party and got all winky. Or maybe I'm reading too much into PBJ, clementine, dried cherries, mushroom cookies and strawberries. :)

Pig, using my new CuteZCute cutter. Sandwich Thin PBJ on top of a silicone leaf, on a layer of grapes. There are also two mini mushroom cookies in the ear spots (DD was fascinated to learn some pigs collect truffles! She still mostly thinks I'm tricking her.). The top layer holds a Babybel cheese with pig pick, plus chunks of strawberries and apples.

How does your garden grow? We got this awesome purple Lego box at Legoland. It's quite deep, though, so I filled it with flowerpot silicones. From left are Sunchips, strawberries & blueberries (I forgot to include the mini fork in the picture), PB/honey on picks (cut with a FunBites cutter) and cheese hidden under a silicone leaf with a mini container of dried cherries.

Another girly Lego box, though you can't see its cute lid. In this uninspiring pig-themed lunch, we have a container of hummus (I added a lid later), Pretzel Thins, cheese and (shocker!) mini mushroom cookies. On the bottom are blueberries, strawberries and the lid only of a pig container which holds a few of Baby Sister's Yogurt Melts. Boring!

Cupcakes! I promised DD a trip to the cupcake bakery after school today, and happened to have homemade cupcake picks. (Very easy! I have a roll of cupcake tape, so I rolled some of it out onto notecards, cut out the cupcake and used a piece of clear packing tape to adhere it to a toothpick.). They're the only cute thing in this lunch! Top half container string cheese, blueberries, a strawberry hidden behind the cupcake pick, a mini suitcase of dried cherries and two blueberry pretzels. In the bottom half is another pretzel, blueberries on a pick, larger suitcase of hummus, pretzels to dip in it and a jumbo strawberry.

Next week, more cute! PIP your cute lunches here! And keep your eye out for Valentine's Day goodies in your grocery store! Lots of cute lunch stuff on sale, especially if you have a DD and can use the pink and hearts every day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cute lunch check-in

• Hi! I've been a lurker for a while. I love seeing your lunches so cute! My boys like cute lunches and I run out of ideas so I appreciate the inspiration. 
  • @cmeon - I think the mushroom cookies were from a World Market, but it was a while ago.

@Lulobug - Thank you and please post some pictures of your lunches! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I only pack a lunch twice a week but both days I think "how would brightning make this great?" Nothing photo worthy in awhile, but still fun! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"