Detroit Babies
Options

Planning baby shower from OOT - location help! Romeo/Macomb area

Hello Detroit momma's! I am a former Detroiter, relocated to FL over 3 yrs ago and now pregnant with #1, due June 11. All of my family and DH family live up in MI mostly from Macomb to Imlay City, think NE metro-Detroit. We are starting to plan a baby shower for the spring time and I am having a hard time coming up with venues. Ideal location would be Romeo, as that would be center, but 2nd choice would be Macomb/Shelby Twp/Washington area. Can you recommend a venue that can hold about 70 people (both families together)? Even a restaurant that has a room for private parties would be awesome. Looking to do brunch or lunch, however not opposed to a Friday night appetizers/dessert type shower either. Thanks in advance, Bumpie's for all your help!!

Re: Planning baby shower from OOT - location help! Romeo/Macomb area

• Options
    First congratulations on your expectant LO! I had my shower at Hamlin Pub on 25 mile and Van ***, they have a beautiful banquet room and good food. The prices are very reasonable. I think Santinos has a private banquet room but may not be large enough, it's near 27 mile off Van *** in Washington Twp. Good luck!
  • Options
    Apparently I can't use the word d.yke... Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Enchantment by Cranks Catering located in Shelby Township(21 mile rd & Hayes). www.crankscatering.com/menucat3.html

Piccirilli Ristorante in Shelby Township www.piccirillis.com/open.html

• Options
    I had mine at Brio at Partridge Creek and it was really nice. We had about 50 people very comfortably but I think the room an accommodate a few more, you'd have to call. The food was great and the prices were very comparable to every other place we checked out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Awesome! Thanks for all the ideas!! You gals are all great :-)

• Options

I had my baby shower at the Sterling Inn and it was wonderful!

https://www.sterlinginn.com/Conference%20Center/Shower.htm

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do you have anyone still local- assuming so since you are coming back for your shower!  There are a ton of churches in the area that have great halls.  I grew up in IC and live in Romeo and decided to have mine at our local church in Romeo because not many of the IC people would want to go much further south of Romeo.  There is also a new place to eat that just opened north romeo that has a banquet hall- but not sure the # that it holds-Legends RoadHouse (586) 336-1800
  • Options
    Filippas has a banquet room and is on mound hall rd?
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Did not know about Legends! That is a good location too, I will check it out.

I had a friend recommend Filippa's, so far they have several dates that work out good with my travel availability, so it might be a winner. And they serve a breakfast buffet and I would actually prefer breakfast over lunch, esp since I am so disgusted by chicken since being pregnant!

• Options

I had my son's baptism party at Hamlin Pub and it was really nice (don't let the fact it's a pub turn you off).  The prices were extremely reasonable for what you got.  What's nice is they have a seperate door too, so guests didn't have to go through the restaurant. 

I had also looked into the Washington Lions club- it's pretty close to M53.  They have a really nice banquet hall and they work with a catering company, so they have a bunch of options.  The prices seemed pretty reasonable (the dates didn't work, so that's why we didn't book with them)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelittlemermaid:

Piccirilli Ristorante in Shelby Township www.piccirillis.com/open.html

This is my favorite restaurant ever :) And my baby shower was there also!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

Update!

I really wanted to try to have a brunch/breakfast specifically b/c since being pregnant, chicken and turkey have really made me sick when I eat them, and its the majority of what restaurants serve for lunch entrees. I wanted to atleast be able to enjoy the food at my own shower, so decided breakfast food was a good option. Also, my MIL decided she wanted to throw her own shower instead of combining with my mom (different vent - 2 showers in one weekend, in which I have to travel 1200 miles to attend at 31 weeks pregnant....yeah, I'm totally going to be up for that (hint the sarcasm???)) so we opted to have the shower with my side of the family at Ike's for a breakfast buffet. Something different than the typical luncheon. Prices were very reasonable and when you book a room that starts before noon (we have the room 10 - 1:30) there are no room fees!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"