Preemies
Options

is anyone taking 17OHPC?

My doctor suggested I start this treatment, but i'm not too sure abou it. I first pregnancy I had my DS at 35 1/2 weeks. He was fine and did not need to go to the NICU.  She wants me to start this treatment at 20 weeks.

TIA

JC

Re: is anyone taking 17OHPC?

• Options
    Do you mean the 17-p shot designed to prevent preterm labor? I had it weekly from 16 to 36 weeks this past pregnancy and it worked great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another firm believer in the 17p shots. I took them from 16 weeks through 34 weeks ( I delivered at 34w 5d).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We just found out today that we are approved for weekly 17P/ 17 OHPC shots. I'll start them next week at 16 weeks pregnant and will take them hopefully until I reach 36 weeks. I went into labor at 26 and delivered at 27 wks last time around so we'll see.

Our insurance approved them for 100% - so no copay or deductible. 

Mom to three beautiful preemies:

Lily born at 27 wks: 2 lbs 4 oz.
    Max born at 27 wks: 2 lbs 2 oz.
    Glenn born at 31 wks: 3 lbs 9 oz.

My twin's birth story
  • Options
    I'm on them right now.  The research is pretty good and there are really no negative side effects from them.  I don't think it can hurt, especially if your dr wants you to have them.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I am getting the weekly shots right now.  My first son was born at 34.5 weeks. Hoping to get to full term this time around.

I've had no side effects except the injection spot is usually sore for a few days after injection.  I definitely would recommend receiving the shot.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had them with my last pg from wk 16 - 36.  Made it to 39wks.  I still had difficulties and my butt was so sore from the shots but totally worth it for a full term baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"