Colorado Babies

Moving - Lakewood/Golden/Morrison- tell me your opinions!

Hi! We are moving in a few months from Fort Collins because my husband got a job in Lakewood. We are trying to figure out where to settle and are looking at Lakewood, Morrison, and Golden. We love to be outdoors and hike, bike, run, etc. We also love a strong sense of community and lots of things to do with young kids. Any opinions on the communities that we are looking at?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Moving - Lakewood/Golden/Morrison- tell me your opinions!

• Hi,

I live in Morrison, C-470/285.  I love it.  We are close to everything.  We enjoy the outdoors.  We have plenty of parks as well as hiking at Lair o the Bear, Roxbourough, Mt. Falcon, Matthews Winters, Dinosaur Ridge.  

We moved here 2 1/2 yrs ago from NY.  We have a 17 month old daughter and I'm due with my second in February.  

My neighbors are great and I work pt and have found great daycare in the area.

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to ask me additional questions.  Good luck 

• I grew up in Lakewood and have lived in Golden and Morrison as well. From what you said your family is interested in and likes to do, I would say Golden is the place for you! It's a very active community and there are trails everywhere. It's also very close to Boulder which has even more of all of that stuff. Get involved in the recreation programs at the Golden Rec Center and you are sure to make fast friends and find the sense of community you are looking for. Golden is full of young families!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for your suggestions! We currrently live in Fort Collins and I absolutely love it here! But, I am excited to explore someplace new. Now to figure out how to afford Golden.... 

• Green mountain is in Lakewood and is kinda in between all three. I grew up there and it's 5 minutes from red rocks, 10 from golden and really so convenient to get to anywhere. There are pricey and cheaper areas too and there are some great school options. Bear creek lake park, green mountain hiking trails, Dinosaur ridge, tons and tons and tons of parks... Lakewood is close to so much! Not to mention belmar for shopping and entertainment for the family! 
  • Just thought I would add that we live in Golden and LOVE it here.  We can't imagine living anyplace else.  IF you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.
  • Thanks again! spent the day checking out different neighborhoods yesterday. Love the area near Green Mountain and love Golden too. Everything is nice though- but pricy! Not sure how we can afford to live there yet but we'll see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"