Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

What was your first period pp like?

I believe I started last tuesday, at 6 weeks pp.  I had never completely stopped bleeding but then it turned bright red and has been going on for over a week now.  Sometimes its very light and other times I will have a gush of blood, with some gooey clotting (sorry!).  I also had a tubal with my CS this time but my doctor had told me it would not affect my periods.  Does this sound normal? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What was your first period pp like?

• Options

I think so. I got mine on Christmas Eve (ugh) and it has been doing the same thing. I was light until yesterday evening and now its heavy with some clotting, but thankfully NO CRAMPS! 

I'm 8 weeks pp 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Options
    It was a long, messy bloodbath.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    It was a long, messy bloodbath.

This.  It lasted about 8-9 days and probably into the 3rd day the floodgates opened for 3 or 4 days. Absolute bloodbath. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Just FTR, most doctors will tell you that any bleeding prior to 56 days post partum cannot be considered a period.

That being said, I bled for 11 weeks, and then at almost 13 weeks PP, I started my period. It was the same as my prepregnancy ones, actually was shorter than any I've had in my life, and I had minimal cramps.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options
    imageKellersPrag:

Just FTR, most doctors will tell you that any bleeding prior to 56 days post partum cannot be considered a period.

That being said, I bled for 11 weeks, and then at almost 13 weeks PP, I started my period. It was the same as my prepregnancy ones, actually was shorter than any I've had in my life, and I had minimal cramps.

I just had to tell you that your LO is adorable! :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I got my first pp period on December 12th (which is the day my prepregnancy period arrived on) and it was a bit more gooey and messy than my prepregnancy ones. This one was shorter though and I had no cramps (it lasted 4 days and I usually had minor cramps and would get some diarrhea prepregnancy....) . I may have been more emotional, but I think that may have been due to the fact that I have a 2.5 month old (so just the rest of my pregnancy hormones flushing out, more than my menstrual hormones, kwim?).

• Options
    Mine was fine, just like a pre-baby period. I got it at 8 1/2 months PP (EBF), just like any other, and ended after about 4 days. Cramps were no worse, though I admit I was pretty crabby about it's return after a year and a half of no periods!
  • Options
    I got mine on Christmas Eve.  I was crampy for a few days prior.  It hasn't been too bad but has taken some getting used to since I haven't had a period in almost a year!
  • Options
    I finally got my first one about a year after my son was born.  Right after I stopped pumping at work.  I think it was suppressed from exclusive nursing/pumping.  Much heavier than pre-pregnancy.  After his birth, I bled for a long time though, maybe 2 to 3 weeks...can't quite remember, but I remember that it seemed like forever.
  • Options
    I am 5 months pp and just got my first cycle since becoming pregnant. I am now on day 13 of heavy bleeding. The first 4 days were excruciating (I typically have pretty horrible cycles anyway but this one is like tenfold). I finally called my obgyn just to make sure there wasn't anything I should or should not be doing and she assured me that the first one is usually quite abnormal and that it may take a few times for it to get back to normal. They certainly come back with a vengeance, don't they!   =/ 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"