Preemies
Options

Am I crazy for having a schedule?

Ok, so I'm with my LO a lot - even though I am back at work - I don't work much and the time that I have been with him - his days are pretty consistent. Yes, there are days where I have to wake him from naps but I want him to do his 'big sleep' at night - not during the day. Plus I want to make sure he is fitting all of his bottles in throughout the day so that he is getting his calories so that he isn't waking up at night to eat. 

My husband and MIL think I am crazy for having a schedule but it's not completely at this time - this happens. I have times that he should be put down for naps and if he gets tired earlier than that - he can go down earlier. I also have ranges for when he should be woke up and feed if he hasn't woke up on his own. I understand that as he gets older things will change and his waketimes will get longer and I'm in tune with that and so the schedule will change when my LO is ready. 

Am I crazy?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I crazy for having a schedule?

• Options
    I agree with the others that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a routine.  I kind of let DS dictate his schedule in the beginning...we didn't really fall into a more structured schedule until way down the road, and even then there is wiggle room, but he is a MUCH happier kid on a schedule!  If it's working, why change it?  
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You are doing what's best for your LO.  It is what I do, the goal for the day to feed well, the goal for the night is to sleep well. If your routine or schedule is helping you achieve that, theres nothing wrong or crazy about it. 
    DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I feel better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"