Secondary IF
Options

*~*~*2IF TTCAL Weekly Check In*~*~*

This check in is for Friday, December 28, 2012.

Hi ladies!  Hope you all had a wonderful week last week and were able to find some time to enjoy some down time somewhere amidst the season's busyness! 

No BFP announcements this week.

This is a check in for those of us that are TTC #2 or more and that have had one or more losses. A few board members thought it would be nice to connect with other 2IF ladies who have had losses since it's nice to have the support and friendship of others going through similar experiences.

Check in is every Friday. Please note it may not be until afternoon or evening but I am planning to keep it going every Friday!

New members: Welcome to all from last week since that was our first one! Any others interested in joining, please post an introduction that includes your TTC history and your current status and I will add you to the list.

Current members:

iloveshanej

egsquared

SigmundsGirl

Lauren79

ttcmbbaby

KKDRAGONFLY

Please post your updates, links to your chart and/or blog, information about any upcoming appointments, requests for thoughts & prayers, anything you want to share about your other children, upcoming loss related anniversaries, and virtually anything 2IF TTCAL related. If you get a BFP please share with us along with your EDD.

There will also be a question of the week as a GTKY.

iloveshanej - How's it going this week?  I will have to try the salt dough ornaments idea next year.  That sounds like a great idea and also something fun you could do at a kids' Christmas party.

egsquared - Keeping everything crossed for you as you move forward with IVF!  I know there must be so much new information.  Do you feel like you were happy with the consult and were able to get your questions answered?  The Santa Train sounds awesome!

SigmundsGirl - I hope you have been enjoying your holiday season.  I think sometimes everyone needs a little time off the TTC journey so I hope it is providing what you need to take care of yourself in all ways.  I hope you had a fabulous Christmas morning with your parents too!

Lauren79 - I saw your updates about triggering - yay!  Good luck for a BFP for the new year!  How are the side effects going?  I saw your post about it but I don't have any experience with it personally.  I hope they are getting better.  And yummmm your tradition sounds delicious!  I am half Italian and we used to go to my relatives in South Philly for Christmas Eve every year and a big feast of fish and other dishes.

ttcmbbaby - I'm sorry you're feeling down this month.  I think that first month back TTC can be so hard.  And please feel free to vent here!  It's hard to have all those questions and worries running around and this is definitely a place you can vent any time you need to.  Sounds like a lot of traveling for the holidays!  I hope you were able to find some down time with just your immediate family too.  Were you able to find the menorah you were looking for? 

KKDRAGONFLY - I'm so sorry for your BFN this month :(  Will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts for success soon.  We do ornaments for each other every year too.  MH collects antique ornaments and I now have two shoes, so I'm thinking I need to start collecting specifically shoe ornaments :)

QOTW:  New Year's Day is actually my personal favorite holiday.  I always feel like it's so underrated!  Even if it's been a great year, I always just love the feeling of starting a whole new year fresh.  Something about opening a new calendar and starting a brand new slate once a year always is such a great feeling to me.  Do you have anything planned this year that you're looking forward to in particular (i.e. a vacation somewhere or special anniversary or event)?  And/or do you have any resolutions you are aiming for? 

As always, if anyone has any suggestions to make the check in better, please PM me!

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
***All always welcome!!***

Re: *~*~*2IF TTCAL Weekly Check In*~*~*

• Options

Don't know why everything's coming up all bolded! Sorry about that! I will have to try to fix it next time

AFM...

I got all the testing info from my RE's office.  And even though my RE's nurse was telling me to wait longer and that my HCG probably wasn't down to negative yet for another cycle, I told her no, I really do want to get tested to check.  Because I don't want to waste another cycle waiting if it is at zero so we can get all this testing going.  Sure enough, I got blood drawn yesterday and it was negative!  So I'm really happy to be in the clear to start testing come AF. 

Who knows what the testing will show but at least we can get it done.

I am going to have an HSG, SHG, a whole bunch of hormone and thyroid and immune tests as well as blood clotting type tests.  He is suggesting genetic testing for diseases as well as karyotyping and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get that done as well up front, but part of me is hesitant to do it up front because it's so expensive.  I don't know I have some more thinking to do on that.

So now I'm just patiently (ahem - patient?  me??!?!) waiting for CD 1 whenever it shows up. 

QOTW: Well, it's pretty much the most common NY resolution out there, but I really am aiming to get back to exercising again.  Having the losses I had last year REALLY derailed my efforts in losing weight.  Just emotionally and physically going back and forth about everything made it incredibly difficult.  At least now I'm on a bit of a TTC break while we're doing testing so I can get that going.

No trips or anything fun planned for this year in particular.  Except that it is a big thing that we are working on selling my Dad's house in PA so he can move down here with me and my family in MD.  So we're hoping to have that all done in the Spring.  Hopefully the transition won't be too bad for anyone but I am definitely needing to prepare for a big transition with that.  He is going to be 85 in a couple weeks. 

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Options

Waiting for AF.  I had a major cry fest last night about the third failed IUI.  I was so crabby to my family at the holidays due to hormones and it was all for nothing.  :(

2013:  My 2012 goal was get pregnant.  2013 we are moving to a new state.  I think I am going to take a few months break, find an RE and move onto IVF.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello ladies, this is my first time checking in on 2IF TTCAL, though I have given updates on the 2IF weekly check in.

Today marks two years since we lost our daughter.  Only in my worst nightmares did I imagine having problems conceiving #2 after all we had already been through.  But here we are...

My update:  we are now seeing a new RE, who did some labs and monitoring last cycle in preparation for IVF.  We had to skip this cycle w/ the holidays, but we are cautiously optimistic for IVF #3 in January.  I should be ovulating within the next few days, so hopefully getting ready to start meds within about 2-3 weeks.  

QOTW: I agree with looking forward to 2013.  I think 2012 was a terrible year for me and lots of other people.  I am definitely looking forward to a fresh start.  I guess if there's anything special planned, it would be our IVF in January.  I feel like we've really done everything we can, so I am ready to let go and just hope for the best...

TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We had our nurse consult for IVF. It sucked. The nurse acted like she was bothered that we were even there and she went so fast through all the injection directions that I don't have a clue how to do them. I called our regular nurse to complain, and she said she'd go through it with me all again when I come in for my baseline - somewhere around 1/10. Glad that shes been so great.

QOTW: IVF in January is definitely a big plan for us in 2013. DD and I will also be going on a trip, not sure where yet, with my mom over DD's spring break. I'm pretty excited about that even though DH is too busy with work at that time to come with.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My period was only 4 full days with 2 days of spotting so I'm not sure what's up with that! My temps have been wacky too.

The salt dough ornaments are so fun and easy and everyone loves them!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

Please add me.  This is all in my siggie but after being successful with IVF/ICSI #1 with our twins born in April 2010 our natural FET in May 2012 ended in a nonviable pregnancy and D & C surgery in July 2012.  We tried a second fresh IVF/ICSI in November 2012 which resulted in no embryos to transfer, a total failure. 

I do not know where we go next, I am hoping and praying for one last IVF/ICSI try in 2013.  DH is still very reluctant due to being OOP as well as what a toll all of the cycling has taken on both of us.  I wish I did not want another baby so badly, I just cannot give it up.  IVF/ICSI is the only way DH and I can ever have biological children due to his dx of Azoospermia CBAVD from atypical Cystic Fibrosis   I also found out I have low AMH when I started IVF/ICSI #2 and would need to use a different protocol, MDLF, if there is another time.

Wishing, hoping, praying all of us find success in 2013!!!   

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"