Working Moms
Options

NYE

Who's working today? What are your plans for tonight?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NYE

• Options

Our office is open today. Going to a friends party by myself, since DH went skiing and I could not go!

• Options
    I'm working. We get out at 2:30 today but that isn't much of a deal for me since I usually get out at 3 but I'll take it!
    Plans tonight include going out for dinner with DH and LO, going to Petsmart to get LO a fish since we didn't get a chance when we were there on Friday when I told him he could have one. After that watch a movie and watch the ball drop I guess. More likely is fall asleep by 10.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last minute friends over for takeout, then life will be same old after they leave- spend an hour fighting w/ DS to go to bed, maybe watch TV if I'm not too tired by the end of that & I can 100% guarantee I'll be asleep at least an hour before midnight. Yay happy new year. Maybe when they're 5 we will finally be able to do something fun (with or without them...) but I don't forsee it before then... we're not huge fans of NYE going out- we did it for years in NYC in our 20s and the cost/crowds/not good food usually, etc just got to me. I'd really love to find a few families locally to celebrate with every year that have similar aged kids once our kids can stay up a little later & not be insane.
  • Options

No work today.

We invited a few famlies over who have toddlers and/or infants.  This is DH and my first New Years eve as parents.  A world apart from where we were last year!  And I mean that literally; we celebrated last New Year's in Madrid.

• Options

DH and I are both working today, maybe get out a little early (like 4-5).  No plans for tonight.  Honestly I'm exhausted from all the holiday celebrations.  I just want to crash on the couch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I am at work, DH is home with the kids. We are going to a small party tonight with other families. It should be low-key, but still fun. Happy New Year!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am working (from home) and DH is off so he took L over to his parents. We aren't doing anything. We always stay home and make dinner. I am not sure what we are having but usually we have steak and lobster. Not this year, I haven't prepared or bought any of the stuff. Oh well. I am sure his mom will send him home with something. I sound so excited.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

I am off today, DH is at work, DS at daycare though I am going to go pick him up in a few minutes and take him to the aquarium. 

Plans tonight are watching a movie at home and if I make it, watching the ball drop at midnight.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not working. Planning to go to the children's museum for their nye celebration after lunch.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Still off from winter break, School starts again next week, we have a 2 and half week break, I am not complaining. But in a way its not good for me to have this time off because I am becoming so self involved with pregnancy obsession.  My Husband is on call tonight at the hospital so he and a few of his friends and their spouses are going out for dinner near the hospital so if they need to jet we can still enjoy. 
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Options
    Working today (only a couple more hours, thank God)...we don't really have plans for tonight. We will probably attempt to stay up and watch the peach drop (that's our version of the ball drop here in GA), and drink some beer or wine or something. Alcohol will be involved, I just can't guarantee that we'll stay awake long enough to celebrate the new year. The last two have been total snoozers for us unfortunately.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options

Those of you who said you are socializing with other families w/ kids tonight:  how does this work?  Do your friends bring their baby and pack and play so the kids can go to sleep?  Do you let everybody stay up? 

Just curious. My new years resolution is to get out and socialize a little more, so I'm trying to figure out how it works LOL!  

• Options

We're getting take out food, watching a movie and popping bubbly (probably much earlier than midnight). 

If anyone is on the roads tonight-Be Safe! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagerachboston60:

Those of you who said you are socializing with other families w/ kids tonight:  how does this work?  Do your friends bring their baby and pack and play so the kids can go to sleep?  Do you let everybody stay up? 

Just curious. My new years resolution is to get out and socialize a little more, so I'm trying to figure out how it works LOL!  

We socialize with another family often and yes, they bring the PNP for the baby and we let the toddlers stay up late. I'm always hoping that means we can sleep in but rarely is it longer than 1 hr past the normal wake up time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to friends as well. The baby can sleep in her infant seat. The toddler will stay up. We won't stay past 8 though. Have dinner and talk a little.
  • Options
    Not working today.  Been off for the holiday break since 12/22.  We stayed in, watched the traditional New Year's Eve programming and DH and I brought in the new year early with sparkling grape juice!  Nice and relaxing :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"