Infertility
Options

SIL preggo...again :-(

We had my side of the family over to ou house yesterday for a post Christmas brunch. I have a big family and trying to see everyone at Christmas is next to impossible since everyone has so many places to be so we are starting a new tradition of brunch after Christmas. It worked out great and everyone was there!!

I knew there would be a lot of questions over where we are in our process and when our cycle starts and I was completely prepared to answer them. What I was not prepared for was to find out my sister in law is expecting...again. All I wanted to do was go in the other room and cry, but with a house full of people that wasn't going to happen. I really want to be happy for them.

How do you deal with finding out yet another person in your circle is expecting?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SIL preggo...again :-(

• Options
    I just try to be happy for them and hope it is contagious.  Sorry that you were blindsided like that.  Too bad they did not tell you ahead of time. 
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I try to tell myself that their pregnancy has no bearing on my lack of one. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I just have to give myself time to feel sad and then try to let it go. Always easier said than done though. Tongue Tied

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PAIF post:

I would always remind myself that someone else's fertility had nothing to do with mine. Their story is theirs, and ours is still being written.

...after I sometimes had a good long cry and chat with God about fairness.
  • Options
    imagedede0726:

How do you deal with finding out yet another person in your circle is expecting?!

One of my closest friends is expecting and we hoped that we would get pregnant around the same time..so when she got pg and I was dealing with a failed IVF # 1 it was pretty difficult. However, after I processed everything, my husband and I went out to dinner with her husband and her and celebrated with them. It can be very difficult but I try to process my emotions privately and then celebrate with them as I would in any normal circumstance. Now whenever I see her I always ask her a lot of questions about her pregnancy and think to myself - one day this will be me so I might as well show some joy and excitement for my friend like she would show for me. It's not easy. Good luck with everything.

• Options

I agree. I did the same thing because if you don't your friends hide from you. I hated hearing it but I also hated not being told. I ran into the bathroom at church after one of the only people who knew our troubles and who also had difficulty told us last. I had my five min and then said if she can over come all her issues so can I. I could also tell it hurt her to tell us too. So keep that in mind.  

Each time I saw her it got easier for me and as she started to show it got harder for her.  

Like she said asking questions and being around happy prego people I felt kept me positive.  I also went to my girlfriends after each IUI to hold her newborn. It worked for us eventually. 

• Options
    imageGap7:

I agree. I did the same thing because if you don't your friends hide from you. I hated hearing it but I also hated not being told. I ran into the bathroom at church after one of the only people who knew our troubles and who also had difficulty told us last. I had my five min and then said if she can over come all her issues so can I. I could also tell it hurt her to tell us too. So keep that in mind.  

Each time I saw her it got easier for me and as she started to show it got harder for her.  

Like she said asking questions and being around happy prego people I felt kept me positive.  I also went to my girlfriends after each IUI to hold her newborn. It worked for us eventually. 

This is about where I'm at now. People will come to my house and not say boo and then I hear about it later that they were pregnant but didn't want to say anything. I think that they thing I'm going to start smashing things....its true, but not in front of them, lol Stick out tongue

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"