Two Under 2
Options

Car seat configuration for 3u3

My 3 wont *quite* be 3u3 since DS turns 3 March 3rd and I am due March 16th but they will be pretty close. I am trying to see what car seat configuration people have for their 3. We have a 2012 Honda Odyssey and I was thinking that I would put DD RFing in the middle row, middle seat. Put the new baby RFing in the middle row behind passenger seat and DS in the 3rd row FF (he is still RFing now but I am thinking we will switch FF once he turns 3). I was thinking that I would take out the middle row seat behind the drivers side so that DS could more easily get to his seat and so I could easily reach back to buckle him in. Is this a terrible idea? Just trying to see what other configurations there might be- we have the bonus 8th seat so our middle row as 3 seats (all with LATCH) and also has the option to separate the seats a few inches so there are gaps between the seats if that makes sense? TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Car seat configuration for 3u3

• Options
    We will be having all 3 kids in the same backseat row of our F-150, so we don't have very many options as far as where each kid would go.  I have seen other moms with vans prefer to have 2 in the back and the baby in the middle though, as you said that will probably make it a lot easier to help your 3 year old buckle. 
  • Options

If you are going to take a seat out, I'd suggest the passenger side seat (just because you are more likely to get the kids in/out of the car on the passenger side if you ever park on the street.  We have an Odyssey now (but we do not have the middle seat in the second row).  When we had three I had two in the back row, and the infant seat in the middle row behind the driver, and had the passenger middle seat folded down.  It was a pain to get the RFing child in the back seat, but that only lasted until he turned two (he was a VERY big boy, and this was before they had such high limits on seats).

If you can fit the two RFing seats in the middle row, and but your FFing seat in the back with easy access on the passenger side, I'd think that would be optimal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a CRV Dd1 behind driver FF; DS in middle, FF; baby behind passenger RF. The big ones are both in Radian seats, outside 2 installed with seat belts. Good luck!!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMammaBear81:

If you are going to take a seat out, I'd suggest the passenger side seat (just because you are more likely to get the kids in/out of the car on the passenger side if you ever park on the street.  We have an Odyssey now (but we do not have the middle seat in the second row).  When we had three I had two in the back row, and the infant seat in the middle row behind the driver, and had the passenger middle seat folded down.  It was a pain to get the RFing child in the back seat, but that only lasted until he turned two (he was a VERY big boy, and this was before they had such high limits on seats).

If you can fit the two RFing seats in the middle row, and but your FFing seat in the back with easy access on the passenger side, I'd think that would be optimal.

Thanks for the suggestion about taking out the passenger side for parking reasons- I never thought about it that way! We rarely go anywhere with only street parking but might as well have it set up to be as safe as possible for when we do! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation - we're looking at 3 under 3.5 and I'm hoping we can squeeze all 3 car seats on the same row. I just feel DD1 isn't independent enough yet to be all the way in the back row.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We have a honda pilot and have 2 options:

1. All 3 on the middle row - ds2 FFing behind the driver, DS1 FFing middle, and DS3 infant seat behind passenger.

2. DS2 FFing behind driver, DS3 infant seat in the middle - both on middle row, then ds1 in the 3rd row on the passenger side which is the 40% side of the 3rd row. The rest of the 3rd row is laid down. We do this when we go to disney world or travel outside the city. This way I can sit next to ds3 to feed him or give him his paci.

It's worked out well both ways.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"