Adoption

Starfish Poem

Am I the only one who hasn't heard this before?  It really touched me.  I am working on a gallery wall in our living room and decided to incorporate a starfish for each foster child we've had in our home!

As I walked along the seashore
This young boy greeted me.
He was tossing a stranded starfish
Back into the deep blue sea.
I said, "Tell me why you bother.
Why waste your time this way?
There's a million stranded starfish.
Does it matter anyway?"
And he said, "It matters to this one.
It deserves a chance to grow.
It matters to this one.
I can't save them all, I know.
But it matters to this one,
I'll return it to the sea.
It matters to this one,

And it matters a lot to me. 

I have also found there are other versions of this story, but I love the simplicity of this poem. 

Re: Starfish Poem

• I've never heard it. I love it though!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep!  Love it...My nursery is going to be nautical themed for various reasons and then when I had saw this is knew it was perfect.  Esty sells a lot of necklaces having to do with the starfish story and adoption.
    7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never heard this poem before but its beautiful and so sweet, thanks for sharing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"