June 2013 Moms
Options

Weight gain/Sleep Position

Has anyone around the 14-15 wk mark not gained much weight yet?  I thought I had gained a pound but now I've lost it.  I'm eating well and plenty but probably not as fatty as I used to... I'm already overweight so maybe I should not be worried about gaining the weight yet.  I just wanted to run it past someone since my next OB appt isn't until the 9th.

Also wondering, if anyone is still sleeping on their stomach?  I tend to wake up on my belly quite often and after speaking to another pregnant friend yesterday now I'm kind of worried that I've been squishing baby.  (She's only at 8wks and refuses to sleep on her stomach). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight gain/Sleep Position

• Options
    I'm just now starting to put on weight. I've gained about 7 lbs so far over the course of the pregnancy. I sleep on my back and stomach. Your friend is cuckoo. Enjoy sleeping on your stomach while you can.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    I don't know about the sleep position thing.. but I am 18 weeks with no weight gain.  My dr. told me not to worry that it will all catch up and my body has obviously changed, so I am not too worried.  I think there are a couple other ladies on here that have not really gained yet either- so I wouldn't worry.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't gained anything yet although I was overweight to begin with. I'm down 5 lbs total.  Talk to your ob about it at your next appointment. But remember baby still weighs like 5oz.  I still end up on my stomach sometimes but like half stomach half side. I wouldn't worry. Again ask your dr. (And your friend sounds a little FTM crazy, don't worry :)
    My Blog: Say Lucky Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 16 weeks and have lost a couple of pounds. My doc said it's not worth worrying about for now, so I'm just making sure I eat well and not stressing about it. Also, I'm pretty sure you can sleep in any position that's comfortable. Your friend is giving you bad info, but if you're concerned you can ask your doctor at your next appointment.
    griffin
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and have only gained a few pounds. To be fair, I was overweight to begin with, so I don't know if that has any bearing. As far as your friend's advice, unless she has "M.D." after her name on her business card I would just go with what your doctor says. If your stomach is comfy to sleep on, have a party.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    I can't fall asleep unless I'm on my stomach. My husband is dreading the day I can no longer do that. I'm going to be an absolute terror.
  • Options
    I hadn't gained anything when I was 14-15 weeks. I sleep on my left side (recommended by my OB) with my Snoogle. I used to be a stomach sleeper but now I spent 80% of my night on my left side and 20% on my right.
  • Options

We're at the same point, and I haven't gained any weight either. A little overweight to start with as well, my dr. said it's just too early to worry about that. Our bodies should catch up later.

I slept on my belly all of last night, it was the only position I was comfortable in. And I will continue to do so until it is no longer comfortable.

• Options

I wouldn't worry about either of those things.

I've only just now thanks to holiday eating managed to maybe gain my first 2lbs of this pregnancy.  

I'm also still sleeping on my stomach while the going's good.  And my back.  Sleeping on my sides puts my arms to sleep every so often, so I've been kind of avoiding that.  Naughty, but I'll just listen to my body. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    I would enjoy sleeping on my stomach while I can. I have gained ~7 pounds and I just try to sleep in a position that is comfortable for me.
  • Options

I've lost more than 10 pounds this pregnancy, and my doctors are not concerned. Baby eats first, so try not to worry.

And yes, your friend is bananas. You can not squish the baby, so sleeping on your stomach is just fine. Your body will let you know when you shouldn't be sleeping a certain way ... Or in my case, obviously shouldn't be sleeping at all. Ha.

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Options
    I've gained only about 2 pounds. I still sleep on my stomach and my mid-wife told me to enjoy it while I can.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  I love this group.  I'm seeing my friend tonight so I'll try to ease her worry a bit too since she said she's always been a tummy sleeper ;-)

Happy New Year!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"