Adoption

more than a year

For those of you that waited more than a year for your match. how long did you wait?  Did you start to avoid boards like these?   I've found the longer we wait, the more it's easier just to not hear about how fast others matched.  I want the support of other adopting families, but sometimes it's just easier to pretend we're not even waiting.  Am I alone here?

Re: more than a year

• 20 months. Yes fast matches were really hard : hugs I am sorry! Ours was like I overnight when it finally happened.
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • A lot of people have told me that while it might seem like the paper work is the hard part its the biggest falsity (is that a word?) The wait is the hardest. I wish I had words of encouragement but I can only share with you a quote. "Sometimes you are delayed where you are because God knows there is a storm where you are headed." I've come to live by this, and at times cling to it, while keeping in mind their is a bigger picture and your perfect match will come along. Hugs

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Loading the player...
  • You are definitely not alone.  In November we passed the one year mark :(    I'd love to hear more from people that are now matched, our are parents, that waited longer than a year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've been waiting 14 months, and from our agency's stats this past year, it's not looking good.  105 waiting families and 20 something placements.  :(  Plus we've already got 2 kids, which may make our wait even longer.  So yeah, at first we were all gung-ho, constantly talking about adoption, reading everything we could, etc.  Now it's been pushed to the background and it's rarely brought up.  I check this board off and on but mostly it's just a reminder of what might never happen for us.  And the fact that everyone around me is having kid # 3, 4, 5, etc really stings.  Like we keep reminding ourselves though, God has us here for a reason.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started waiting in November of last year, as well, on my birthday of all days.  Which was really cool.  Until it was my birthday again, and still no baby.  Our agency has 27 waiting couples and placed something like 15 babies in the last year, so we could still have a long wait ahead of us.  This will be our first child, and while I know it will happen eventually...pfft.  It just sucks.  We've had 7 potential matching calls, and none of them has panned out.  So we've been spent about 4 months of the past year actively waiting for a birthmom decision, and it's never been us. 

It just gets exhausting, emotionally.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"