Iowa Babies
Options

Hi

I just moved back to the Des Moines area and apparently its lucky because I finally got my BFP. If anyone has any advice on OBs in the area this is my first and so I have no idea what I am doing other than that I want as natural a process as possible and a good relationship with my doctor. Smile

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 

Re: Hi

• Options

As long as you are low risk, I would recommend the Methodist Midwife group. I am 28 weeks with my first, and LOVE them. They are personable, and always take time to answer the million questions of a first time mom. My husband and I want an all natural labor and delivery. We had looked into ideally delivering at home. They are very supportive of our no intervention desires. They even are proponents of the Bradley Method instructor we are using. We have also received no "backlash" from our questioning of standard procedures that we don't necessarily deem a requirement for our low risk circumstances.

They deliver at Methodist Medical Center downtown. Toured it, and it is an extremely well set up facility. It is also a huge perk to us that Blank Children's Hospital is attached. Also.... the midwives will be with you as much as you need during labor if you are going med free! Unlike an M.D. who waits until the baby is crowing!

• Options
    Thanks for the advice. Due to my medical history I don't think I can just have a midwife but I want this to be as natural a birth as possible. Who is your bradley method instructor?

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amy Brooks-Murphy!
  • Options
    I utilize the OBGYN and associates connected to Mercy and my Sister-In-Law is the best NICU nurse Mercy has :) I go to Dr. Turner and Dr. Dornbier but I suggest visiting all the doctors in the group just in case someone else delivers you. I have had a great experience and have been using them for 6.5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"