Cloth Diapering
Options

Found a 10 pack of prefolds for $5.99 at Ross

Just thought I'd throw that out there, in case anyone wants to check the store near them. They had 2 packages of 10 Gerber infant prefolds for $5.99 each (obviously I bought both). It was my first CD purchase, and I'm elated at the bargain! I went to another Ross in town, but... no luck.  :/

Ok, that is all.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Found a 10 pack of prefolds for $5.99 at Ross

• Options
    Gerber prefolds are much more suitable for burp cloths than for diapers. Still a pretty good deal though! I went through more burp cloths than diapers in a day when A was little.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options

Agree with PP that Gerber PFs aren't the best for actual diapering. They aren't 100% cotton, so not very absorbent.

Along with being good for burp cloths, they are also handy for laying on the changing table.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree w/ PPs... not the best for diapering, but SOOO good for other things.... rags, burp cloths, change table, "swiffer" type pads...Great bargin!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used these the whole time dd1 was in diapers and never had a problem other than eventual dryer shrinkage. You may have to line dry or just offset layer as LO gets bigger! Congrats on the great deal!!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    snap thats a good deal. I would never use those for as prefolds, but I'd totally fold them up to use as doublers. OR better yet I'd sew a pretty fabric on one side of all of them and make a nice set of unpaper towels!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAurora_Borealis:

Agree with PP that Gerber PFs aren't the best for actual diapering. They aren't 100% cotton, so not very absorbent.

Along with being good for burp cloths, they are also handy for laying on the changing table.

The ones I got are 100% cotton... That's what the package says.

Is the main reason everyone says they're no good for diapering *because* they're not 100% cotton? Or for some other reason?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRunaway22:
    imageAurora_Borealis:

Is the main reason everyone says they're no good for diapering *because* they're not 100% cotton? Or for some other reason?

The reason they're horrible as a cloth diaper is because they are not absorbant enough....not by a long shot. You would need to change baby every hour and even then would probably have leaks. Like everyone else said they make awesome burp cloths!
  • Options
    imageGismo123:
    imageRunaway22:
    imageAurora_Borealis:

The reason they're horrible as a cloth diaper is because they are not absorbant enough....not by a long shot. You would need to change baby every hour and even then would probably have leaks. Like everyone else said they make awesome burp cloths!

Well, one PP (AuroraBorealis) said that they're not absorbent *because* they're not 100% cotton. So... I guess I'm just trying to figure out if that's the only reason..? The ones I bought are 100% cotton... Ah, well, I'll figure it out  lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRunaway22:
    imageGismo123:
    imageRunaway22:
    imageAurora_Borealis:

Well, one PP (AuroraBorealis) said that they're not absorbent *because* they're not 100% cotton. So... I guess I'm just trying to figure out if that's the only reason..? The ones I bought are 100% cotton... Ah, well, I'll figure it out  lol

I have some that I use for burp clothes and they do not quilt up like other prefolds do and they are reallllllllyyyyy thin.   This is why they aren't absorbent.  I think I've read maybe 1 or 2 people on this board that have used Gerber prefolds as a diaper, everyone else will tell you they are not good for CDing.  Not trying to get your hopes down or anything. 

If you want to get good deals on prefolds check out the Green Mountain Diaper facebook page.  They usually announce on that page when they have seconds sales going on and you can get really good deals for VERY good quality prefolds.  Most people on this board can tell you how good GMD is!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"