Preemies
Options

Intro

Hello fellow preemie moms! I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.

On October 15th Ellie was born at 26 weeks 6 days weighing 1 pound 12 ounces.She was taken via emergency c-section because when I went in with contractions they realized that she was transverse.

I have a history of preterm labor-  in February I had a little boy, Robby. I was 23 weeks pregnant and unfortunately, he  did not make it.

I knew when I got pregnant this time that there would be a good chance that I would go into preterm labor again, so I lurked on this board through my pregnancy to try to get myself as "prepared" as you can be. My MFM really thought that she could get me to at least 32 weeks. I  was taking the p17 shots weekly, and I was on a modified bed rest.

Since everything happened so fast, I was only able to get one steroid shot, but it was just hours before my c-section happened.

After 65 days in the hospital we are home! Ellie had pneumonia while we were in the hospital and was on the ventilator for 5 weeks. She was so very sick, and for awhile we weren't sure if she was going to pull through. As soon as we got to the NICU they told us that it all depends on the baby- if they have fight or not. Well, Ellie has a lot of spunk and fought so hard. When we left the hospital her doctor said that she would be a story that he would tell for a very long time.

Ellie has chronic lung disease, mild ROP, and a grade 1 brain bleed in the lining. We came home on minimal oxygen and an apnea monitor.

We are so thankful that she is home with us, and we can't believe that we made it home before her due date- January 15. 

I look forward to getting to know you ladies! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
Remembering Robby

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!! Our ladies were born at 29w3d, with the same Jan 15th due date, and neither is home yet, so you should be absolutely thrilled to have your LO home with you already!! One of our girls is thisclose to jail breaking the NICU...much like she did my womb, as the one responsible for early rupture...the other will still need a few weeks to master the bottle and wean off of the last bit of her o2. Both have struggled with nasty congestion for probably 6 weeks now, which has substantially delayed one of the girls' o2 weaning. Thankfully, we've experienced no major health set backs, just frustrating ones...like congestion and nasty reflux.

Again, welcome, and so thrilled your LO is such a fighter!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats on your little girl!  So glad she is home, and that is great that it's before her due date!  
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! What a story! Ellie sure is a tough cookie. Congrats and welcome! I'm fairly new here, too, as my DS, Jack, was born Oct. 20th at 32w3d.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little girl. You definitely have a little fighter on your hands. Enjoy the first few weeks at home because they fly by. Definitely stick around and share your experience and story with others.

• Options
    Welcome and congrats your little Ellie and her homecoming!  What a little rockstar girl coming home after only 65 days! 
  • Options
    Just wanted to say congrats and glad to hear baby is home! I love the name Ellie.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    <3 you Ellie! I have loved following you in the NICU and so happy you're home!
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl and welcome! Adalyn was born at 26w2d and was also 1 pound 12 ounces.  She also got pneumonia in the NICU from being on the vent and came home on oxygen and an apnea monitor.  We spent 83 days in the NICU.  We weaned off fully from the oxygen at the end of July and the apnea monitor was discontinued this past October. 

She also had mild ROP (which all resolved) and has CLD.  I'm so glad to hear that she's a little spunky spitfire!  Our Adalyn taught us what the definition of tenacity is, and it sounds like Ellie is showing others that as well.  

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"