Natural Birth
Options

RRL Tea - When to start and other tips?

Hi Ladies,

I am sure this has been posted already, so feel free to just post link if so...I tried to look but did not see anything right off.

This pregnancy is flying by and I am now 34 weeks. I was wondering when I should start RRL tea to prepare for delivery?

Also, are there other tips you would recommend to improve my odds of having a med free hospital birth?  We have hired a doula and I am supposed to be working on my birth goals, but just wondering what else, if anything I can do to prepare.  I am re-reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and we are taking Lamaze in January.

Thank you!

Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: RRL Tea - When to start and other tips?

• Options
    I started drinking it 2X a day at 36 weeks.  I drank it hot like a tea and added some honey to sweeten it up. You are suppose to start drinking it in the third tri so you can start now.  The only other tip I have for a great birth is to surround yourself with positive people.  I know this was one thing that i really found helpful during my L&D. I never doubted myself because my H and doula were telling me what a great job I was doing.  I also told myself that L&D wold be hard and that contractions would hurt.  By having a realistic view of labor I was not surprised when it wasnt all rainbows and butterflies.  It sounds like you are on the right path for an excellent birth with a doula and reading Ina Mays book.  GL, you can do it!
  • Options

I drink RRL throughout pregnancy, starting at 1 cup in the first tri and increasing to 3 cups in the third tri per day. 

You might find this thread helpful (from Mothering):

https://www.mothering.com/community/t/347728/red-raspberry-leaf-tea-tribe 

You might also find this product helpful:

https://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com/Gentle_Birth_p/g1030.htm

Easy labor vibes! 

Monique (38), Wife to Steve (32), Mom to DS Sacha (4), DS Ronen due Aug. 1st! BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink one cup every day since I'm in my first trimester, but I will be working my way up to 5 cups by the third trimester. I've always drank it though, it really helped me with my milk supply when I was nursing, then with menstrual cramps. I love to drink it with a little bit of raw agave but it's good without sweetener as well. There are so many benefits for a woman. Not only do the dried leafs contain A, B, C, and E vitamins, iron and potassium but it also tones the uterus, eases pain, and reduces the chance of any complications during pregnancy and labor.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not to hijack, but I'm curious to any suggestions on the best place to buy RRL tea?? 
  • Options

RRL tea helped me get through morning sickness right from the 1st trimester, so it's never too early to start!  I drank it all the way through with DS1 & am drinking even more with DS2.  I like Mama's Red Raspberry Brew from the Bulk Herb Store online, just be careful because it does have mint for flavor & digestion which could hinder milk supply after LO is born.  After DS1 was born I drank an organic RRL I found in tea bags at 2 of my local grocery stores to help shrink the uterus back into shape- even my OB was surprised at how quickly it shrank back.

As for tips on staying med free... believe you can do it!!  Don't brace for the contractions by tensing up, remind yourself to relax & let the contractions do their job to the fullest.  A friend loaned me some hypnobirthing tapes that gave great technique ideas for visualization & relaxation.  I thought it sounded a little quacky at first, but I ended up using one for transition and it got me through like a charm!  Also, be sure your birth plan is clear on your intentions, make several copies to post in the room, at the nurses station, etc. and school your supporters/coaches/doula on it so they can be your advocates & you can focus on the task at hand.  Best of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"