Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Exersize

So I have a 3 week old and have never felt better.  This was my second pregnancy and it was a rough one.  I was in a lot of pain and had some complications.  As soon as she came out it was instant relief.  I feel like I did not even have a baby, its so weird.  I am not sore or anything. 

So my question is....can I start working out a little? While I feel great and don't feel like I just gave birth my body shows different.  I really want to get back in shape.  Has anyone else started exercising before the 6 week mark? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Exersize

• Options

I'm 11 days PP and my MW cleared me for walking (DH and I have been doing about a mile a night for the past 5 or so nights), so long as my body feels fine and I don't bleed heavily after or anything. 

Maybe you can start with walking and slowly increase your pace? 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just walking before 6 weeks.  (And honestly not much after that either after I got the clearance.)  I would still speak to your OB or midwife - would not want to risk any sort of uterine rupture!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started walking the second week after I had both my kids. Just start slowly. The 6-week mark is more for running/weightlifing/more strenuous activity.

• Options
    When I was discharged, the OB told me that light workouts were fine as long as I felt up to it. Obviously no running, high-impact, or heavy weightlifting, but walking, or low-impact workouts were fine. She told me to pay attention to my body and not overdue it. If you're feeling good and are itching to get active, I would start slow and take it easy. I did start running again at 6 weeks PP (I ran until 26w) and it was glorious!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"