Wanted a vbac but 2 days from csection — The Bump

Wanted a vbac but 2 days from csection

So I was really hoping my baby girl would make an appearance before my repeat scheduled csection on Wednesday 12/26, but looks like that's not going to happen. I'll be 39 weeks and 3 days on Wednesday. I'm currently 1 cm and 80% effaced per last Thursday's appt. my dr told me she'd let me wait it out til 42 weeks, but I'm miserable. I have so much pressure on my back and pelvis walking has become very difficult. On Thursday baby measured 8 lbs 9 oz and her head a week and 3 days ahead. This is my last child and I really wanted to experience a vaginal birth, but I don't think I can hold out. If I wait another week she'll be a January baby. She already doesn't move very much and I'm scared to death that if I wait it out for the vbac and something were to happen to her I could never forgive myself. I'm just ready for her to be out and safe. I have several close friends/family that have lost their babies at term and it has me anxious. I know I'm not going to change my mind to wait, but I wanted to post in case someone else was in my shoes. I've lurked on this board my entire pregnancy with such high hopes for a vbac. Good luck to all you other mommies out there. 

Re: Wanted a vbac but 2 days from csection

  • Every woman needs to make the choice that works best for her. Since I just had a vbac at 40 wks 3 days, my case can testify to babies taking longer and being perfectly healthy. I was so so close to throwing in the towel and scheduling a c section there at the end at my 40 wk appointment, and now so glad I didn't. At least you've considered both options, as many women do not. Good luck either way!
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • If you are at peace with your decision then its the right one for you!

    TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 [email protected] Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • I kind of know how your feeling. My EDD is the 27th. I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant and I'm miserable. I've had SPD since 24 weeks and it's gotten to the point where is hurts to roll over, huts to get out of bed, hurts to put on pants, ect. I can do literally almost nothing and need help all the time. At my last appointment I started crying cuz I thought that the baby would come early and he's taking his time like his sister. I'm about to schedule a darn section in my 41st week. Which then at ;east I'll be able to relax a bit. I'll have an end date in sight. I just wish they would attempt tp induce me, but that isn't an option I guess.

    You need to do what is best for you. If you think thats going ahead with the section then so be it, if not then wait another week or so. GL!

    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You have gotten some great feedback, and really, you need to do what is right for you! Know your options, the risks and benefits of both, and listen to your heart. If a VBAC is really what you want to try for, then finding peace in the unknown and embracing your patience should be your mantra! Often times the constant uncomfortable at the end of a pregnancy is a sign of labor on its way!

    There are so many benefits to letting the baby choose his/her birthday regardless of your chosen delivery method. To help keep you comfortable until then, I encourage you to see a chiropractor and an acupuncturist. Both can help to relieve discomforts, help get the baby in an optimal position, and even use gentle techniques to get labor started. If you aren't doing yoga, checking out a class or two, and notifying the instructor of your discomforts can also help you make simple adjustments to relieve pain and prepare for labor.

    Also, there are a number of things you can do at home to help encourage labor to begin...stay relaxed, and let go of stress and expectations, warm baths, massage, relaxation practice. Sex and nipple stimulation, or simply romantic cuddles, kisses and caressing...anything to boost your oxytocin and reduce adrenaline. You can also check out some herbs HerbLore.com has great information and products and Pam is a wonderful source of info and support and EPO orally and/or vaginally.

    I wish you an empowering and blissful birth and peace in making the decision that is right for you!
  • If I was you, I would split your list of reasons for wanting baby out into two categories - ones you'll be at peace with and ones you'll probably be upset with later.  Not wanting a January baby or having a c-section because you're tired of being pregnant and having back pain....those are things you're probably going to regret.  Or at least I would always second guess myself on those.  Having a c-section because you're scared of losing a full term baby - that's seems like something you'll feel okay with in 2 months. 

    Good luck with your decision.

    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards