Adoption

Wow. Has anyone else had this question?

We are starting the home study, and one question in the packet (from our Catholic agency) is "how do you describe your sexual development?"  

I have no idea what to say.  I'm rarely rendered speechless! 

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

Re: Wow. Has anyone else had this question?

• I wouldn't even know what that meant, so I'd ask my SW ASAP if I got that question.

We didn't have any sex questions. My SW looked shocked when I asked if they'd be inquiring about our sex life : /

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we're going to answer "normal".  ???

• Yikes. That totally wasn't a question I've had thrown at me yet.

If it's for a Catholic agency, perhaps "repressed" would be a good answer? (sorry, former Catholic here...) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemarshmallowevening:

When I was working in foster/adoption I worked with one agency that mentioned in a homestudy that the couple had a sexually satisfying relationship...

i think ours said this, but it wasn't based on any written question in our paperwork.  During our interviews, the question was asked, very superficially, if we were both satisfied in our relationship sexually. We said yes, and answered a follow-up question about if we ever had any differences in that area and how we handled it (I think my husband made a joke about all men feeling as if they ever can get enough sex, even if it's constant),and we moved on. 

• imagemaryoosa:

Yikes. That totally wasn't a question I've had thrown at me yet.

If it's for a Catholic agency, perhaps "repressed" would be a good answer? (sorry, former Catholic here...) 

Repressed, guilty, but now just fine.  :) 

• Wow, what a weird question.  I'd be stumped and would probably recite my health history since my first period lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• We had a similar question in our questionnaire packet for our initial application, asking about our early development and experience separately, and our intimacy together now.  I just answered that we were normal.  I figured "severe endo makes intimacy miserable" wasn't the answer they were looking for.
  • Ours asked how sexually compatible DH and I are. I think these things are no one's business, but I guess we have to answer. Shrug.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• WOW, we were not asked any sex questions. That is so strange to me. That has to be so uncomfortable for the SW as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were not asked sex questions in any written applications. We were asked, however, in our individual interview sessions with our SW whether or not we we had any concerns regarding our "physical relationship as a couple." And my SW was quick to follow up with "You can just say yes or no, I don't need any further info than that."

I would think saying "normal" would be appropriate and if they push you for greater detail than that, well then I'd have some reservations about continuing further with this agency. That's crazy invasive.

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • It's really interesting to see everyone's experiences.  We had to write out our sexual history in our bios for the agency, but the SW didn't bring it up during our interview.  Which was a total relief to me because the topic would have made me squirm!   
  • Please post back what your SW says. I want to know!
  • Wow - we did not have any questions like that at all! GL!
  • We did not get that in the packet, but we were asked it during the interview leaving us no room to prepare. They asked us how our sex life is and how it has changed. We just told them it is fine and only wished we had more time to love on each other like everyone else does.She thanked us for not getting so graphic and said that most people really go into too much detail on those questions! It is good or it is not good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If its a catholic agency Id just say heteroxexual and normal.
  • If its a catholic agency Id just say heteroxexual and normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"