VBAC

Article about signs your doctor is planning a c/s for you

Another article- written by a doctor:

Top Ten Signs your Doctor is Preparing to Perform an Unnecessary Cesarian on You:

https://www.friscowomenshealth.com/?option=com_wordpress&Itemid=205&lang=en&p=89&goback=.gde_3807570_member_186204674

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image

Re: Article about signs your doctor is planning a c/s for you

• I live in the Garland area of Dallas.  I work at a small hospital where almost every patient is induced and ends in C section.  I am pregnant now and trying nottohave a csection this time. 
  • Great article!  #7 fit almost exactly what was said to me.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Scary yet so refreshing to have someone willing to be HONEST about the whole circus!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a refreshing perspective but I think he should have briefly mentioned that there are certain cases in which a CS is indeed medically necessary. I wouldn't want someone to question a dr's recommendation to schedule a CS for previa or certain podalic positions.
  • this is freaking awesome!! wish I had read this the first time around. I was talked into getting induced at 39 weeks because I was probably having a big baby. He weighed 7.14!!! The dr. said he would be a nine pounder. This is exactly why I switched Dr's!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagetlew12778:
    It's a refreshing perspective but I think he should have briefly mentioned that there are certain cases in which a CS is indeed medically necessary. I wouldn't want someone to question a dr's recommendation to schedule a CS for previa or certain podalic positions.

The purpose of the article was to show that sadly, because of some poor doctors, you do have to question.  I found a provider that I trusted and knew I wouldn't have to question while some people just blindly pick a doctor and follow them.  The topic of this article wasn't instances when a c/s is necessary- there are plenty of those out there! 

• imageMAprincess:

imagetlew12778:
    It's a refreshing perspective but I think he should have briefly mentioned that there are certain cases in which a CS is indeed medically necessary. I wouldn't want someone to question a dr's recommendation to schedule a CS for previa or certain podalic positions.

The purpose of the article was to show that sadly, because of some poor doctors, you do have to question.  I found a provider that I trusted and knew I wouldn't have to question while some people just blindly pick a doctor and follow them.  The topic of this article wasn't instances when a c/s is necessary- there are plenty of those out there! 

oh I totally got that. I'm just saying that as proVBAC that one can be, there are instances where CS cannot be avoided. And since the majority of proCS articles that list those circumstances fall under the category of "question your doctor bc he might do a 180 on you" it would have been apprpriate IMO to briefly mention those circumstances in this article as well.
  • imagetlew12778:
    imageMAprincess:

imagetlew12778:

oh I totally got that. I'm just saying that as proVBAC that one can be, there are instances where CS cannot be avoided. And since the majority of proCS articles that list those circumstances fall under the category of "question your doctor bc he might do a 180 on you" it would have been apprpriate IMO to briefly mention those circumstances in this article as well.

I guess I shouldn't have used the word "article". It was more of a "top 10". I'm sure we can pull a "top 10" reasons you would legitimately need a c/s. I'm sure they are out there.   Those are generally the more "known" reasons, which is why I think it wasn't necessary to include them in an unrelated top 10. I didn't want you to think I was saying that a c/s is never needed. Mine was certainly legit.

• Thank you SO much for this article. I can't tell you how sad I got when I came to the bonus tip #11. This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I was 38 weeks and was told exactly what number 11 says and had to have an emergency c-section. I feel so cheated and sad. My doctor was obviously c-section happy. I can only hope that next time I can have a VBAC and a new supportive doctor. Ladies beware! Ask as many questions as you can during your entire pregnancy and do your reaseach!

• Thanks for posting! It was a nice reminder that my c-section was indeed necessary, which I sometimes struggle with, wondering what I could have done differently. In some cases, like mine, the answer is probably nothing, which isn't easy to accept but it does relief some of the guilt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"