Postpartum Depression

Effexor xr

Hi new to group
Has anyone taken effexor xr while pregnant? What was your experience and how long did it take to work? Thank you in advance good stories only please. I'm struggling and really need help. I'm having anxious feelings and attacks a lot. At my wits end and need help
Thank you

Re: Effexor xr

• I am not currently pregnant so not sure if this will help but had 2 kiddos back to back so I am sure my hormones are still out of whack.. but I just started taking Effexor about 2.5 months ago.. I have seen some changes in how I feel and I am feeling better but it took about 2 months to really kick in.. good luck!
  • Thank you for your reply. I'm glad your feeling better. I took effexor in the past and it really helped me so I'm hoping it will work again I have been taking it for about 3 weeks and am starting to feel a bit better. Thanks again
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on Effexor when I became pg. I have tried Wellbutrin, celexa, Zoloft, Ativan, and Effexor. Ativan worked but not long term, only as needed to calm in crisis. Otherwise Effexor is the only drug that has ever helped me.

With that said, I did a ton of research because I was not supposed to be on it when I got pregnant. We had an oops. There are limited studies on it in pregnancy but what exists indicates it is fine in early pregnancy, but connected with issues when taken in the third trimester. So talk to your drs about the risks. I think Zoloft is considered safer if you haven't tried that yet.

As always with a class c drug it is risk vs benefit and if you are really struggling you need the help! Glad you're getting it. I'm starting to count the days till I'm done bfing and can go back on Effexor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So did you go off of it at the 3rd trimester? And did you take Aftivan while pregnant? Thanks for your post I appreciate it !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"