Postpartum Depression

Other things you do to help feel better - Curiosity...

Not that I'm against medication in any form, but I've seen so many posts simply on meds.

I'm curious as to what other things are you ladies doing that you've found helpful?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Other things you do to help feel better - Curiosity...

• I had PPD/PPA with my first baby. I spoke to a psychotherapist and that made a big difference. Also, speaking to different moms out there about how hard everything was made me feel better. I also started to go outdoors. I tried yoga and found that to be very helpful as well. I would say for me, opening up to people I could trust was the most effective. The more I talked and the more honest I was, the more things eased up. Hope you feel better soon. : )
  • imagesashmom:
    I had PPD/PPA with my first baby. I spoke to a psychotherapist and that made a big difference. Also, speaking to different moms out there about how hard everything was made me feel better. I also started to go outdoors. I tried yoga and found that to be very helpful as well. I would say for me, opening up to people I could trust was the most effective. The more I talked and the more honest I was, the more things eased up. Hope you feel better soon. : )

Thanks for the input...

Opening up to others seems to be the hardest thing right now!  Even with my fiance, it's hard to let him know how I really feel. I don't want to let everyone down, you know?

I joined a exercise/dance class, and the first one was this week. It was simply amazing to get out of the house (other than work).  It's off for two weeks due to holidays, but I'm hoping the routine & exercise will help.

• Loading the player...
  • imageMama2TwoBoys:

imagesashmom:
    I had PPD/PPA with my first baby. I spoke to a psychotherapist and that made a big difference. Also, speaking to different moms out there about how hard everything was made me feel better. I also started to go outdoors. I tried yoga and found that to be very helpful as well. I would say for me, opening up to people I could trust was the most effective. The more I talked and the more honest I was, the more things eased up. Hope you feel better soon. : )

Thanks for the input...

Opening up to others seems to be the hardest thing right now!  Even with my fiance, it's hard to let him know how I really feel. I don't want to let everyone down, you know?

I joined a exercise/dance class, and the first one was this week. It was simply amazing to get out of the house (other than work).  It's off for two weeks due to holidays, but I'm hoping the routine & exercise will help.

I know how hard it is to open up... first hand. Try doing it little by little. I know so many of us struggle for perfection in motherhood and the truth is... perfection just doesn't exist.  But we try and try and then we feel like we're letting everyone down if we're not perfect... or if we're struggling with things. I think it's important to be good to ourselves and i'm glad you joined a class. For me, those kinds of things worked wonders. Just having some separate time from the baby to do something you really enjoy is refreshing and I do think it will help. But yes, try little by little to open up to those that love you... there's nothing wrong with discussing your thoughts and feelings no matter how dark they are.... we're all human. 

• One thing that helped me was going on a walk outside either by myself or pushing the stroller. 
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • I never got help for my PPD with my daughter. Will see my dr soon for this one. The things that usually helped me feel a little bit better during my 8 months of PPD with my daughter were:

hot baths/showers

exercise in any form for any duration

drinking green tea

daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"