My MIL is acting as though I am merely a vessel for her grandchild to enter the world - like I am simply an incubator.
Just a few things that have irritated me:
1. Watching our sonogram video she shouts out how the baby looks exactly like his daddy and proceeds to pull out his songram pictures and comparing them. Lady, all sonograms look the same. I bet our baby looks JUST like how Obama or Britney Spears looked in the womb as well.
2. On all of the belly pictures I have posted, she comments about how the baby is just like his daddy and she can tell by the size/shape of my belly. No. Just no.
3. She constantly posts things about "her grandson" and all of the things she plans on doing with him, not taking into consideration whether or not some of those are things that his father and I plan on doing (i.e. taking him to the zoo for the first time, or a lot of other "firsts".)
4. She posted a link to "20 things a mother should tell her son" and linked it to my fiance, saying how she did such a great job with her boys and how they will do such a great job teaching this 20 things to their sons (fiance's brother's wife is also expecting). HELLO! I am the mother. Yes, fiance will be an amazing dad, but he is not the mom.
5. She posts about how having her grandson will be JUST like having her son all over again. No, not really, because he is MY son.
This is really just a short list of things that have been irritating me that I can think of off the top of my head. I know it sounds petty, but she makes me feel like an incubator. The fact that this is MY son (and fiance's) and my first baby seems unimportant to her. She is already so possessive over our baby and I am afraid that once our son is born, she is going to get way worse and try to become controlling. To make matters worse, fiance is a momma's boy so I haven't brought up my hurt feelings to him because I don't think he would understand.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy that she is excited for the baby to come, but she is way too overbearing and he isn't even here yet. It would be nice to get a little credit for being the person to carry and deliver our baby, let alone some acknowledgement that I am his MOTHER and fiance is not the only one who will be teaching and raising our son (nor is she the only grandparent!).
I'm sorry this is so long and venty, but her most recent passes have gotten me on edge and I am getting close to snapping at her. I don't even want to go over to her house on Christmas because I am so annoyed!