VBAC

Little late, but VBAC success story

I am very late at posting, but I had my daughter October 8th.  I went into labor about 4:30am that morning.  I was 38 weeks 6 days.  I was scheduled for a c-section 2 days later. 

I was on the fence about a vbac from the beginning, but decided if I went into labor before my surgery date I might give it a go.  Called the doc and she had me come in that morning to check me.  Got to my obs office about 8:45 and I was 100% effaced and 2cm. She sent me on to the hospital. 

By the time we checked in and got settled in my room it was after 10:00. I still had no idea what I was going to do. I spoke with my ob and she said it was up to me to decide. I told her if I had progressed I would probably give it a go. She checked me and I was 4cm.  She then wanted to break my water to get things moving. An hour later I was at 5cm and decided to get the epidural.

Once that was in place I went from 5-8cm in 3 hours. I started to feel some pressure and had the nurse check me again 30 mins later.  I was already at 10cm.  The epidural really seemed to get things moving for me.  And I felt so much better after that. 

It was now time to push and we did a few practice pushes and we started to see her head.  The nurse had to go grab the doc because it only took a couple  more pushes and she was here.  I pushed for less then 10 mins. 

Morgan Paige was born at 5:11 pm and weighed 7lbs 10oz 19 1/2 inches.  The delivery couldn't have gone any better.  It was such a different experience from my c-section.  I am so glad I decided to give it a try.  I was so scared, but so glad I listened to myself and choose the vbac. 

I wish all you ladies the best in whatever decision you make.  After experiencing both types of deliveries I will say that each one is special in their own way.  I prefer the vbac,but don't ever let anyone make you feel like just because you didn't get to deliver naturally you missed out.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  I just wanted my baby to get here safely which ever way it happend.    Best wishes to you all.  Don't be afraid to go for what you want!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Little late, but VBAC success story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"