Late Term and Child Loss

uterine abnormalities

So I had a question for anyone who may be familiar with uterine abnormalities... I have had an MRI, and an HSG and the doctors have deemed that I have a bicornuate uterus.... (I have had to do ivf not only because of the uterine abnormality but also due to pcos..) anyways... It is my understanding that typically early first-tri losses are associated more with a septum and NOT a bicornuate... that the embryos are likely attaching to the septum and therefore have trouble to further develop... it is thought this may of been my case with my twin pregnancy loss... one attached to the middle and one attached correctly (hudson)... I'm going in this Friday for a uterine scope... Any thoughts?
~Heather~ TTC Since 12/2009
Septated uterus, pcos (on metformin), MTHFR
Clomid # 1- July 2010 = BFN / #2 Sept 2010= BFN
IVF#1 - 1/2011 = BFN (Severe AF started 7dpo)
IVF#2 - 3/2011 = Ectopic
Aug 2011- FE - Thaw all - cancelled - embryos didn't make it!
Oct 2011 - IVF#3 = BFP!! ~ TWINS!!
Said goodbye to Twin B @ 9w5d
Hudson Edward ~ Pprom 18 wks 2/16/12 - We love you forever. You have our hearts.
8/15/12 5dFET = BFP! ~ Said goodbye at 7wks gestation
11/9/12 5dFET = BFP! ~ Said goodbye at 5wks gestation
12/28/12 - Septated Uterus Found (was misdiagnosed as bicornuate!)
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: uterine abnormalities

• My sister in law had many 45 early miscarriages before the septum was discovered. Once the septum was removed she became pregnant easily and had no other complications. I don't know if that helps but that is all the experience I have.....
  • I have a bicornuate and have carried 2 healthy pregnancies we lost Andrew because of his heart, not a pregnancy issue. Now we have been trying for over a year and no dice. I know this doesn't really answer your question though. It is quite possible that your embies are just implanting on the septum, no matter how small it may be.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"