VBAC
Options

any successful vba2cs after a failed vbac??

Hi Ladies,

Wondering if anyone has gone on to have a successful VBA2C after the first VBAC attempt failing?  

I attempted a VBAC and failed (both sections were for failure to progress, first was induced, second was natural until hour 16, when i got the epi)..and am wondering about my options for baby # 3..am i crazy to even consider another attempt? I would love to hear about some experiences if anyone has one!!

Thank you in advance!

Re: any successful vba2cs after a failed vbac??

• Options
    This is my friend Melek's HBA2C story. She is an amazing woman, and she says anyone looking to chat should contact her privately. https://blog.icanonline.org/2012/12/12/melekshba2cofevrenabel
  • Options

I don't think you're crazy to attempt it.  ACOG recommends TOLAC even after 2 C/S. 

Any idea why you were FTP?  Obviously with your first being an induction that could have been it, but what about your 2nd?  Was baby in a favorable position?  Did you stall out at the same point both times or was the experience different the 2nd time around?

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

this first one, I think (hope) was from the induction..just not being ready, couldn't get past 5cm then baby's heartrate started decelerating from the syntocin i think?so off we went.

The second, i slowly got to 7cm, but then didn't dilate any more for about 4 hrs.. even though i was still having contractions (and they were almost 2 minutes long) so i finally got the epi at that point..then the doc let me go for 2 more hours..then said she really did not think baby was  able to get into my pelvis to finish dilating (baby hadn't descended at all by this point), no matter how much longer i laboured?so off we went again:(  Baby and I were both still doing ok (baby had i think 3 heartrate drops during the whole 21hr labour, but they seemed to very quickly get back to "normal") . 

So I am really wondering if I had just laboured a bit longer?would it have made a difference..? Or is it likely that I am just unlucky enuf to be one of those few women that really does have a pelvis too small or oddly shaped?

thanks for your replies!! 

• Options
    this addy doesn't seem to work??
  • Options
    imagecandyfisherman:

So I am really wondering if I had just laboured a bit longer?would it have made a difference..? Or is it likely that I am just unlucky enuf to be one of those few women that really does have a pelvis too small or oddly shaped?

It's certainly possible, but of course it's hard to know.  

The other thing to think about is baby's position.  If baby was in an unfavorable position for labor #2 it's very possible that that's why they were unable to descend into your pelvis and continue the process.  Positioning is super important.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"