April 2012 Moms

37 weeks=2-3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, head engaged!

I had my first "check" today....she said I am 2-3 cm dilated, 80% effaced and the head is in the 0 position and engaged...she was surprised since I am a FTM and only 37 weeks, though my uterus was measuring one week ahead but she said that those measurements are as accurate towards the end.  I know this could mean nothing and I could still go a week overdue...but it is still awesome to know that my body, and baby, are preparing for labor and delivery!  :)  I am sorta freaking out though because DH always works straight days, but starting sunday-thurs he is working 6pm-6am...I know that I likely won't go into labor next week, but first of all I hate to sleep alone...but I will panic if I wake up in labor and hei s not here and I have to try to hunt him down at the plant he works at!

Anyone else get checked recently?  If so, how many weeks are you, how dilated, how effaced, and what position is the head?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 37 weeks=2-3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, head engaged!

• I just had my first check today and I am not quite 37 weeks.  He said I was almost 2cm dilated and very soft. He asked me what baby this was and I said three. He said based on my cervix he would say that she will come early!! I dont put too much hope in this though, since my boys were both super late, but it cheered me up a little bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Got checked Tuesday at 37w1d and 1.5cm dilated 70% effaced and just lost my MP today

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was checked at 36 weeks and was 1 cm and 50% effaced.  Baby's head is low down, but I don't know exactly what station.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got checked yesterday at 37 wks 5 days. I was 2 cm dilated and my cervix was very very thin. My doctor said it could be pretty soon. 
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi I am new to posting here, been lurking for a while though ;) I am 37 weeks now and was first checked 3 weeks ago because I felt the baby was really low, and I was feeling uncomfortable. Was at a 2cm then, the next week I was at 3cm and 50% effaced, last week was 4cm and 80% effaced, not sure of station. We went in on Monday cause I was feeling a lot of pressure in my lower pelvis, they monitored me for about 2 hrs, and I never progressed but said my membranes were bulging and water could break at any time. Have another appointment tomorrow we will see how dilated I am then!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 37 weeks, 3 days. Got checked at 37 weeks and my cervix was still very high and hard. Not even a finger tip dilated. But the baby is head down. I'm jealous of all you who have some progress showing. I feel like I'm going to go way over due and I'm never gonna get her here!! Sad
  • imagedollface777:
    37 weeks, 3 days. Got checked at 37 weeks and my cervix was still very high and hard. Not even a finger tip dilated. But the baby is head down. I'm jealous of all you who have some progress showing. I feel like I'm going to go way over due and I'm never gonna get her here!! Sad

Dont worry. I'm a week ahead of you and I'm less than 1 cm dilated and my cervix is still nice and long. Baby is head down, but still pretty high. We'll get there eventually! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was checked at 36w a week ago was 2 to 3 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced said i would most likely go early but told me to come back in 2 wks which i found strange... Im having alot of pressure and even some cramping which i think may be braxton hicks since their very spuratic...not sure if i should see dr earlier or just wait to next week
  • How can they tell ur membranes are bulging.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"