May 2012 Moms
Options

i could just spit nails

Vent time

So i come to find out that mil has been giving Fifi formula mixed in to her bm. I know that this isn't harmful for her but... i specifically said both when I brought emergency back up formula initially to her house and when my bm supply temporarily tanked to only use formula if there isn't enough bm. To top it off, when I noticed the can of powdered formula on the counter we are temporarily living here due to our house being flooded from the hurricane I asked DH to ask if they have been giving it to her. He didn't mention anything so I assumed my mistake that it was now a nonissue. Well this morning, I see the canister on the counter and open it up to find more scoops out of it. When I ask DH he said, oh yeah they add it to her formula. Seriously???? And you didn't think of mentioning to them at that moment to please DON'T do that???? So I reminded him of the reasons I don't want her to have formula unless it is an emergency which he agrees with and he gets all stressed out about having to tell his mother, so now I have to tell her when he very easily could have breached the topic when it was actually happening. Aaarrrrrrrgh!!! If he can't do this, how is it going to be when fil wants to feed her meat we are vegetarians and want to raise her that way until she can choose for her self to eat meat or not. I am usually one of the most laid back people but the stress of not being in my own home, living with the inlaws, working a full time and a part time job and trying to get the finances back in order when having zero dollars for Christmas I've reached the breaking point. Thanks for letting me vent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: i could just spit nails

• Options
    Sorry about all of the stress. I totally understand about your MIL. I think your husband should be the one talking to her about it... just saying.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd be mad too! I think I would just remove the formula totally if your making enough bm. If your mil isn't mixing it correctly or is just adding the powder with out water to your bm that can be a problem.

Honestly I'd talk to mil my self to explain how hard you work to pump to provide bm and how by giving formula it is a waste of your time and effort. No mater how well meaning dh is he can never truly understand or explain your feelings on this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my, if this happened to me I'd have smoke coming out of my ears.. What was her reason for mixing it if you have enough BM?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

I'd be LIVID

• Options

imagezoeygirl1105:
    I'm sorry!! Can you take the formula away so she doesn't have the option to use it? I would make my husband deal with it. 

this! 

• Options
    if you aren't having problems with your supply anymore/only giving bm the formula should probably be thrown away. Especially because it's only good for 1 month after opening. Personally, I wouldn't want to waste it so I'd use it (mix half and half or mix and use with rice or something)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"