August 2014 Moms
Options

Anderson's birth story (haliebabyx3)

haliebabyx3haliebabyx3 member
edited September 2014 in August 2014 Moms
So I just realized I haven't posted a birth story yet, but it's been one heck of a week.

Short story: Anderson was born Monday August 25th at 2:48 am. He was 8 pounds 2 ozs and 20.5 inches long. Head full of dark hair, everyone on the staff confused him with a girl.

Long story: that Friday before on the 22nd I felt horrible all day long, more off than anything. Saturday I started having tightening in my stomach but nothing I couldn't bear or time able. Sunday I woke up with some pretty intense and consistent cramping. I texted my mom, since H had went back to work that day (he works a 4 on, 4 off schedule), she came over and we called the office. We decided to head on since the hospital was over an hour away. Luckily, the nurse on call called back and told me to head in.

Once I got there around, I was 4 cm and 100%, so they of course kept me. I got ahold of H and he left work and headed that way. I wanted to labor as long as possible without the epi, I felt I had done pretty well so far. The doctor came in and suggested I go ahead though, so I decided to. Then everything slowed down, so I had to be started on pitocin to get things going. Finally around 9 I was ready to push. I pushed for 6 hours and was absolutely miserable and worn out. Half way through they turned off my epidural. I had a 2nd degree tear and had a lot of trouble with stopping my bleeding after birth.

When Anderson was only 3 days old I was taken to the hospital for some serious pain. We weren't sure if it was due to everything that happened in the hospital the first time or not. They ended up doing exploratory surgery. I had my appendix removed and they found an infection on my uterus. I was away from Anderson for two days and it was the worst feeling ever. I cried all the way to the hospital.

Things are finally better I can definitely move around without pain some place, somewhere lol.

Definitely not the end of our week. Our house ended up getting struck by lightening on Sunday night killing everything in our living room. Thank goodness Anderson wasn't in the biliblanket the pedi ordered for him when it happened. That's all I could think about.

Eta: because I realized I messed up my child's birth weight. How does that even happen?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anderson's birth story (haliebabyx3)

• Options
    Oh my gosh, you did have quite the week!  6hrs of pushing sounds awful, and then having the surgery after Anderson was born and the lightening strike.. glad you guys are all ok!  Hopefully you can enjoy time with your new family unit now :)

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, girl. I'm so sorry for the infection and appendicitis. I hope you are on the mend quickly and that you get some awesome bonding time with Anderson now that you're back home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that is white a story! I hope you, the baby, and your house have a speedy recovery!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    Oh my goodness so glad you are all OK. That's a stressful first week, hope you recover quickly! And congratulations on your baby boy!!! :)
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, that's quite the week. Hopefully it makes for a good story in the future. Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"