December 2010 Moms
Options

Bedtime craziness!

My little guy is protesting bedtime...big time. 2nd night in a row. Not sure why he's so wound up - we're doing the same bedtime routine as always.

I was in there for 40 minutes or so, and he just wanted to talk, jump in the crib, throw blankie on the floor, and beg for it, so I left thinking he'd be quicker to calm down. But 40 minutes hence, he's still calling out for mama - not crying like a banshee like he used to, but just "mama, mama" over and over. DH has gone in twice - he's more patient than I  - but the guy needs to sleep already!

As I stood there patting his back, I was thinking - how in the world am I going to do bedtime for two kids in a few months?!?! Getting nervous about this!

Re: Bedtime craziness!

• Options
    Griff started to become more and more difficult at bedtime for about a month now. Thankfully DH is at home in the evenings to wrestle B while I take care of G. I'm not sure what I'll do when DH starts working the evening shifts!! Yikes!
  • Options

DS has also joined the bedtime craziness club. He comes up with excuses to get us back in there & he's waking multiple times in the middle of the night. To be fair, he did have a stomach bug the past 2 days, but even despite that, he's been giving us nighttime trouble.

The ironic thing is my 2 month old slept from 9 pm to 9 am & only woke once at 6 am to eat. She is the better sleeper of the two right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little guy start resisting bedtime when he was "done" with the crib.  He fought going to sleep and was waking in the night.  I watched him in the monitor and realized he was to big and too active for the crib bars.  We switched him to a twin bed and I lay with him while he falls asleep.  Maybe your LO is ready for a bed?
    imageimage
  • Options

Huh. Interesting idea. Maybe the crib is coming to an end. He threw all his animals out of the crib at so-called "naptime" today, and took off his pants, too.

Now, he passed out after the first of the two holiday parties slated for this afternoon/evening. Maybe he'll wake for the second one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"