VBAC

operative report from CS

I'm assuming some of you got copies of your operative reports when you were researching your VBAC options. I just got a copy of mine today and was surprised how few details there were.

Regarding the actual surgery, it just said I had a low transverse incision and no complications. There were a few more details about what led to the c-section, but not much about the actual surgery.

So I'm curious - is that going to be enough for my OB to say that I'm a good candidate? I'm in the middle of moving (so I don't have a doctor atm to ask).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: operative report from CS

• My OB didn't even ask for mine. He could see the old incision on the u/s.
  • My CNM didn't ask for mine either.  I think they are deliberately sparse.  The way they monitor during a VBAC is the same regardless, so I guess it just doesn't really matter to some.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't seen it, but my c-section was 7 years ago, and I've moved, so my OB is getting it from the hospital I delivered at. She already looked at the scar and after letting her know what lead to the surgery, she said I looked like a good candidate.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My operative report had details about how big/where the incision was made, what kind of suture technique was used at various levels, estimated blood loss, etc. It gave little detail about what lead to the surgery, but the NICU report had that detail. However, I think a lot of decisions to vbac are made without the details of the surgery itself.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Thanks for the info!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"