Adoption

Birth Mother Search - Kind of long

So it's a very long story, but my father became critically ill and he almost passed away. To simplify things, my bf and I were digging through a bunch of files because various documents were needed and came across a letter from my biological mother.

It's a weird situation in my case because I don't have any desire to actually meet her in person or really make contact. That being said, I do want to know she's okay or out there, or something. I don't really want to interrupt her life or visa versa, but I do want more information. 

With that out there, I am at a dead end. The two of us have been trying to piece everything together for nearly a month, but it's literally like the name on this letter and within our documents just straight up doesn't exist. Everyone is google-able even on a small level, right? And her name isn't common, but it isn't totally out there. There is nothing. No record of this family in the state, it's all very strange. 

Just wondering if anyone has ideas that we've not thought of. As I said, there's quite a bit to the story, but these are the specifics. Happy to answer questions if you have them. 

Thanks. 

PS No idea if anyone I used to know is still on this board. If so, HI! 

Re: Birth Mother Search - Kind of long

• Honestly, I'd check LinkedIn and Facebook and go from there.  I don't have to much advice, but those should help.

Also www.pipl.com will do a search of all social media- and white pages.  

Best of luck!

• imageJenn is Silly:

Honestly, I'd check LinkedIn and Facebook and go from there.  I don't have to much advice, but those should help.

Also www.pipl.com will do a search of all social media- and white pages.  

Best of luck!

^^This. I used to try to google my biological father all the time when I found out his name. However his name is the same as a singer who was popular at the time. So I didn't really find anything but that. When I got a MySpace page (when it was the cool thing) my half sister actually found ME. So just keep looking! Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemarshmallowevening:

I'd say if you're having so much trouble, there's a chance she could be under a different name now. Hopefully it wouldn't be the case, but you can always check the SSDI (it used to be free but I think now you have to pay).

When I worked in child welfare, we used the LexisNexis system to find "missing" parents. It can search DMV records, etc. I don't know if this is something you can pay and access as an individual or if you'd have to go through an attorney who has access, but from my experience it can dig pretty deep. Good luck!

Honestly, that's what we are thinking. Different name, fake name, not sure. Thank you for the advice.

As far as social media, linkedin, etc... she straight up does not exist. The one person I found is a girl who lives in the philipines and even then, the spelling is wrong... and she's 17.  Thank you again.

• No advice, but good luck with your search and keep us posted if you find her.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• I'm looking... not totally sure how to use this anymore! LOL

I appreciate any advice. Even the SSDI was useless. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"