Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday

Let's hear those Unpopular Opinions!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UO Thursday

• Options

I look at my chart constantly in the 2WW thinking it's going to jump out and tell me something.

This actually might be more appropriate for FFFC.

oh well fail on UO post haha

eta: for being an idiot

• Options
    I think they need to bring the 3 day wait to begin posting back again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think beer is gross. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

This is an UO with my H. I agree with you, though. 

I like it best mixed with something else. If its SUPER cold...like nearly frozen ill drink it.

Anniversary

• Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

My UO is I think you posted an introduction for attention.  You have already been posting around here for a few weeks, had some pretty hot topics (that cause me to side eye you), and your name is recognizable (possibly being on a post it note or two). 

imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    imagegrahamlove:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

I like it best mixed with something else. If its SUPER cold...like nearly frozen ill drink it.

I've never mixed it with anything. What do you mix it with? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagegrahamlove:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

I love me some beer. But I luuuurve it super icy cold. Yum.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    imageKay522:
    imagegrahamlove:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

Beeraritas are good. Bud light makes one that's premixed in a little can.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    imagesunlavender:

Lime-a-ritas!

Red Beers

Summer Brew

imageimage
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    imagesunlavender:
    imageKay522:
    imagegrahamlove:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

Oh okay. I have heard of those. Maybe I'll give beer another chance since I do love margaritas!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagecomeongetdown:
    imageSlapptastic:
    imageKay522:
    imagesunlavender:
    imageKay522:
    imagegrahamlove:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

Oh okay. I have heard of those. Maybe I'll give beer another chance since I do love margaritas!  

I need to add mixed beer to my cp.

I like it mixed with Sprite or other beers.  Oooo mixed with cider is good.  Black Velvets FTW!

Gross!!  You people are ruining beer!  I love a good microbrew, and we've got a bunch out here :)

Me and DH live in freaking Milwaukee WI and yet he HATES beer. I will have one every now and then but prefer wine WAY over beer. Perhaps I will make him one of these mixed beers. He might like them then. He claims he "really wants to like beer". 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My UO is when I go to the chart gallery in FF and come across charts with like 50 rows of symptoms listed underneath the chart, making a veritable rainbow of little coloured squares that just goes on and on and on.  All I can think is who has time to sit and analyze every single thing you feel all the time every single day?  I can understand the obvious ones, cramps during period, sore boobs and pains around ovulation time, maybe noting a bad sleep night...but 50 different symptoms?  If you can't see all of your chart and symptoms on one computer screen, you've over-analyzed!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    I think those pinterest recipes that layer chocolate chip cookie dough then oreo cookie then brownie batter look disgusting.
  • Options

imagecaramia582:
    I think those pinterest recipes that layer chocolate chip cookie dough then oreo cookie then brownie batter look disgusting.

My SIL made them over the summer. They are good.  But I agree that they sound like overkill.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• Options
    my UO (at least with my girlfriends) is that i cant find one single bit of Robert Pattinson or Brad Piit attractive, blech. they do nothing for me, whereas everyone else seems to go gaga over them. give me a John Krasinski or Zachary Levi any day...
    BabyFruit Ticker

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

our furbaby
  • Options

imageCapitolCharlotte:
    my UO (at least with my girlfriends) is that i cant find one single bit of Robert Pattinson or Brad Piit attractive, blech. they do nothing for me, whereas everyone else seems to go gaga over them. give me a John Krasinski or Zachary Levi any day...

100% agree with you. good to know I'm not the only one! How do you feel about Mark Ruffalo? Absolute hottest guy in the Avengers, in my opinion. None of my friends agree. please tell me you do. 

Anniversary

• Options

imageCapitolCharlotte:

Totally agree with you! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsStuessyWI:

imageCapitolCharlotte:

100% agree with you. good to know I'm not the only one! How do you feel about Mark Ruffalo? Absolute hottest guy in the Avengers, in my opinion. None of my friends agree. please tell me you do. 

Love Mark Ruffalo! Have you seen The Kids are Alright? He shows some major skin in it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKay522:
    imageMrsStuessyWI:

imageCapitolCharlotte:

Love Mark Ruffalo! Have you seen The Kids are Alright? He shows some major skin in it! 

Well, it sounds like I will be this weekend. thanks for the tip! 

Anniversary

• Options
    imageMrsStuessyWI:

imageCapitolCharlotte:

Thy opinion is not correct.

• Options
    imageMrsStuessyWI:
    imageKay522:
    imageMrsStuessyWI:

imageCapitolCharlotte:

Well, it sounds like I will be this weekend. thanks for the tip! 

You are welcome! To be honest I can't remember what the movie is about. I just remember him and his hotness! Enjoy! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageKLN1179:

This is definitely not unpopular. Except maybe for those idiots who like to create new screen names just to try to stir up drama. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKay522:
    imageMrsStuessyWI:

imageCapitolCharlotte:

Ugh, NONE of the men above do anything at all for me. Everyone makes fun of me, because I don't tend to like how most of the celebrities out there look. And even when I do, I typically only like them in character...like Seth Meyers in SNL & Ben Whishaw in Perfume & 007.

My itty-bitty UO is that I hate the word andplusalso. I feel like it makes the poster look stupid.

Married: 4/2012 ~ DS: 11/2013

• Options
    well, it is a bit unpopular I suppose. To each her own. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    imageLokiTTGP:
    imageMrsStuessyWI:

imageCapitolCharlotte:

Thy opinion is not correct.

oops. meant to quote you with the to each her own. (still figuring these things out) 

Anniversary

• Options

imageMrsStuessyWI:
    well, it is a bit unpopular I suppose. To each her own. 

Poppycock.

I am the most sexy Avenger.  It is a fact, not opinion.

• Options
    I really appreciate the pic with the KFC bucket. it's awesome!
    Anniversary

• Options

UO Thursday has become a sad, sorry little thread of late. Crying What kind of alcohol people like/dislike or who someone does/does not find attractive are both booooring, snoozefest topics for this thread.

My UO:  I don't think monogamy is necessarily inherent for a good relationship.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    imageCiderWench:

I don't necessarily think this is unpopular... I think many would agree IF both parties are consenting. Personally I would be livid if DH was to be with anyone else and he won't be getting my permission to do so... so it would be considered cheating. If however, I had a change of heart and consented, I don't see how that's anyone's business but ours as long as our child doesn't get mixed up in it.

I have a family friend where both parents had significant others and lived under the same roof with them..... their kids were old enough to understand what was going on. IMHO very weird and detrimental to the kids. Why be married if that's how you choose to live?

• Options
    imageCiderWench:

UO Thursday has become a sad, sorry little thread of late.

I tried.  ::shrug::
    imageimage
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    imagekicius56:
    imageCiderWench:

UO Thursday has become a sad, sorry little thread of late. Crying What kind of alcohol people like/dislike or who someone does/does not find attractive are both booooring, snoozefest topics for this thread.

Psshh...when were UOs on TTGP exciting? I lurk on other boards to read UOs. Those are way more fun.

True, it's never been super exciting over here but, lately, we can't even get to page 3 with spats or disagreements. I'm tired of everyone getting along, dammit! (I should probably be careful what I wish for...)

ChuggingWater: I thought yours might get something going but I couldn't contribute because I haven't paid any attention to that poster. By the way, I resent that we have the same initials! Stick out tongue

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    imagekestock120:

imageKLN1179:

This is definitely not unpopular. Except maybe for those idiots who like to create new screen names just to try to stir up drama. 

Shocking I know but I don't mind the people who create a SN just to say something they wouldn't otherwise say under their real SN. A lot of these people take these boards very seriously and value the relationships they have made and we all know one good flaming can ruin your reputation no matter how good it was before, but sometimes you just have something to say. I think it is a little bit cowardly to do so, because at the end of the day it is just a message board, but if they need to get it off their chest and then move forward posting under their real SN then whatever. Sometimes it can also lead to a good discussion and you can see what other people have to say about a topic that otherwise would not be brought up. As for the people who do it for fun, to create drama or as a truth or dare challenge from another board or whatever the reason at least it keeps things entertaining, this place can become pretty stagnate at times. No one is required to read the post or reply so NBD in my opinion. And I will add another one so I don't get accused of having unoriginal thoughts. I don't care for the term Rainbow baby being used for the baby you take home. I think it is just that in my mind when talking about a baby being here on earth versus heaven (if that is what you believe in) I equate rainbows with heaven if that makes sense? If I suffered from any losses (which I am very greatful for not having so) I would just prefer take home baby, but I respect anyone who uses the term and understand wanting to give it special meaning, it just is not for me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagemama&baby:
    imageCiderWench:

I have a family friend where both parents had significant others and lived under the same roof with them..... their kids were old enough to understand what was going on. IMHO very weird and detrimental to the kids. Why be married if that's how you choose to live?

If it worked for them, what's the big deal? Who are you to determine if a different family dynamic is detrimental to someone's kids?

A good friend of mine has both a husband and a wife, and the three of them live happily together. Two of them had "kids" together (who are now grown up, one with kids of his own). It works for them because they love each other and their family makes them happy and fulfilled. Not all families fit into the same mold, nor should they.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageanastasiacarmen:

I'm not sure if mine is actually a UO.  I don't understand why people buy apartments and town homes (or like dwellings).  Why would you pay to own a property and still have to share walls with someone?  Apartments don't even have a yard (unless you live on the first floor).  I just don't get it.

Of course I understand that in big cities and places like that it is common and is understandable in those situations.  Other than that though I personally wouldn't waste my money.  I hate sharing walls with people and I love a huge yard. 

There are 3 reasons I can think of:

1. It is all they can afford. Townhouses, condos and apartments are usually cheaper than houses.

2. They are using it as an investment and hoping not to stay there too long.

3. Old people or people who work really long hours don't want the additional hassle of taking care of a house.

I see where you are coming from, though. I think most people would rather be in a house but unfortunately not everyone can afford one and somepeople aren't physically capable of doing the upkeep a house requires.

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • Options
    imageLuckbeababy:
    imagekestock120:

imageKLN1179:

Shocking I know but I don't mind the people who create a SN just to say something they wouldn't otherwise say under their real SN. A lot of these people take these boards very seriously and value the relationships they have made and we all know one good flaming can ruin your reputation no matter how good it was before, but sometimes you just have something to say. I think it is a little bit cowardly to do so, because at the end of the day it is just a message board, but if they need to get it off their chest and then move forward posting under their real SN then whatever. Sometimes it can also lead to a good discussion and you can see what other people have to say about a topic that otherwise would not be brought up. As for the people who do it for fun, to create drama or as a truth or dare challenge from another board or whatever the reason at least it keeps things entertaining, this place can become pretty stagnate at times. No one is required to read the post or reply so NBD in my opinion. And I will add another one so I don't get accused of having unoriginal thoughts. I don't care for the term Rainbow baby being used for the baby you take home. I think it is just that in my mind when talking about a baby being here on earth versus heaven (if that is what you believe in) I equate rainbows with heaven if that makes sense? If I suffered from any losses (which I am very greatful for not having so) I would just prefer take home baby, but I respect anyone who uses the term and understand wanting to give it special meaning, it just is not for me.

Luck be a: Please use paragraphs. It is annoying to read a giant as$ wall of text.  Plus, not that I really took you seriously before but I can't take what you say, seriously; when you can't even be bothered to take the time to use breaks.

Not that this is really flame worthy for this particular post but I just need to get this off of my chest. What is it with you constantly taking the other side ( or technically the UO) Is that your goal in life; to constantly go against the grain? Is this a "devils advocate" thing? Do you just like to shittt stir and constantly make yourself the fool because you constantly white knight for people and it's ridiculous.

Depending on what the general consensus of the board is, I can normally guess without a doubt what your opinion on the matter would be.

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options
    imageCharmedBAcMF:

Luck be a: Please use paragraphs. It is annoying to read a giant as$ wall of text.  Plus, not that I really took you seriously before but I can't take what you say, seriously; when you can't even be bothered to take the time to use breaks.

Lately I assume that people posting one giant wall of text are bumping mobile. Sometimes the mobile site takes out the line breaks. Of course it's possible she never put them there in the first place, but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt.

imageimage
  • Options
    imagecomeongetdown:
    imageSlapptastic:
    imageKay522:
    imagesunlavender:
    imageKay522:
    imagegrahamlove:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageKay522:
    I think beer is gross. 

I need to add mixed beer to my cp.

I like it mixed with Sprite or other beers.  Oooo mixed with cider is good.  Black Velvets FTW!

Gross!!  You people are ruining beer!  I love a good microbrew, and we've got a bunch out here :)

Yes!  I'm also a fan of microbrews.  IPAs are my fav :)  I have about 6 different IPAs in my fridge right now as a matter of fact.  I think I'll have one right now...  :) 

• Options
    imageColeRose:
    imageanastasiacarmen:

I'm not sure if mine is actually a UO.  I don't understand why people buy apartments and town homes (or like dwellings).  Why would you pay to own a property and still have to share walls with someone?  Apartments don't even have a yard (unless you live on the first floor).  I just don't get it.

Of course I understand that in big cities and places like that it is common and is understandable in those situations.  Other than that though I personally wouldn't waste my money.  I hate sharing walls with people and I love a huge yard. 

Tongue Tied

I think without knowing everyone's situation, this is an unfair statement. We own a townhouse instead of home right now for a few reasons. We bought it 3 1/2 yrs ago and all the houses in our area in our price range were so tiny, especially the bedrooms. Now that we can afford something bigger, it isn't realistic to move right now. I am still getting my Ph.D. so we have no idea where we are going to live after I'm done, or even if we are going to be living in the same state.

Instead of renting, we decided to make an investment. Would I love to be living in a house right now instead? Sure, but we didn't have the money for it. Super judgmental.

Yes

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • Options
    imageraeyn:
    imagemama&baby:
    imageCiderWench:

If it worked for them, what's the big deal? Who are you to determine if a different family dynamic is detrimental to someone's kids?

Except it DIDN'T work for their kids.... honestly if I am a teen (which two out of the three were) and I knew my mom was having sex with her boyfriend while my dad was downstairs with his girlfriend, I would be wanting out of there ASAP. It is just not appropriate to have that kind of stuff going on in your house with your children there (I would hope this isn't a UO.. but oh well if it is it's Thursday).  They try not to bring it up now... but I defintiely think it was detrimental to them as kids. They all tried to move out as soon as was legally possible.

• Options
    imageanastasiacarmen:

I'll agree that with the exception of cities, I wouldn't buy a condo.

We own our townhome and are very happy here. We got a great price on it since it was a foreclosure (around 1/2 the price of the average home here) and it is in an area with great school districts. As PPs mentioned, price is a big one. We live in a very expensive area and likely wouldn't buy a single family home in this county. As far as sharing the wall is concerned, we only hear our neighbors when their kids happen to be stampeding down the stairs. We have never heard anyone yelling, etc.

We will likely use this as a transition home once the market goes back up (lol assuming it does). We can make a good profit off this house and then use that for a downpayment on our next home. It is honestly nice having all of our trash, etc taken care of by our HOA. At the moment for us, it's also nice not to have lots of upkeep outside. We may decide to move to a single family... but we love our neighborhood so much that depending on how big of a family we have, we may stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"