Birth Stories
Options

Ginevera's Birth Story (1 1/2 years late)

It just dawned on me that I never posted about my daughter's birth. It was a rough birth that still has me getting angry and disappointed. 

On  August 29th, 2010 it all started. I had just thought the cycle was a bust even though I was a week late. Around the time I ovulated I was at my grandparents house and sharing a room with my mom and my husband. I decided to take a test to prove to my friends and my husband that I was not pregnant. I took the test and then went to the living room without looking at it. My husband woke up and went to the bathroom to see the test. He came out and said, "Why didn't you tell me you took the test and it was positive." I stood up in tears and screamed for joy. 

On April 7th, 2011, went to the doctor's appointment for my 36 week appointment. My blood pressure was high and I had a protein of 3. The doctor told me to just relax while they did everything else. Then they took my blood pressure again to see it high. She told me that I would need to go to Labor and Delivery and see if my blood pressure would come down. If it didn't I would be induced. After a very long time, it went down so I was able to go home. That weekend my mom came down and I was on bed rest. I took my blood pressure every two hours. It would go up and finally on Sunday it would not go back down. My mom told me to lay down and have a big lunch and then we would leave. We left the hospital. 

My doctor was on call and said it was time. I was being induced which it was surprising when they hooked me up that I was having contractions already. Then they hooked up pitocin. It was going good, didn't feel a single contraction till midnight. Though the nurses kept messing with levels of pitocin without checking with my doctor. My mother-in-law and the nurses told me that I had to get an epirdural even though I was progressing slowly. I finally agreed at one in the morning. I never progressed past a six.

At seven in the morning, My doctor told us that we needed a c-section because I was not getting past a six cm. I cried and cried.

My daughter was born on April 11th, 2011 at 8:05 am and weighed 8lbs 5ozs and 18 inch. long. Also she had a ton of problems with huge red blood cells and blood suger dropping.

Not even 48 hours after she was born she was transferred to a Children's hospital and I was allowed to leave the hospital. She was there for 11 days. At the hosptial they wouldn't allow me to breastfeed or even try. I wasn't allowed to even change her diaper until she was at Children's hospital. My daughter never got the hang of breastfeeding. I pumped an ounce total each time I pumped never more and it was rough for 4 months. When she was four months old, I decided to stop pumping and trying to get her to breastfeed.

I am pregnant with my second and in hopes that this one will be able to breastfeed. I am praying.

image image

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 

Re: Ginevera's Birth Story (1 1/2 years late)

• Options

I just wanted to tell you that DS1 was  born at 36 weeks by emergency c-section and was only 4lbs 9oz.  He was in the NICU for temp and blood sugar issues for 4 days.  He did come home with us though.  He never got the point of BF either.  I would pump and pump and barely get an oz each time.  I finally gave up also.

DS2 was born by repeat c-section at 39 weeks 1 day.  I BF him until 10 months!  I just wanted to let you know that it is possible!  GL!!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageaforst:

I just wanted to tell you that DS1 was  born at 36 weeks by emergency c-section and was only 4lbs 9oz.  He was in the NICU for temp and blood sugar issues for 4 days.  He did come home with us though.  He never got the point of BF either.  I would pump and pump and barely get an oz each time.  I finally gave up also.

DS2 was born by repeat c-section at 39 weeks 1 day.  I BF him until 10 months!  I just wanted to let you know that it is possible!  GL!!

Thanks for the encouragement. It was hard to bond with my daughter when I struggled with the fact that she didn't breastfeed and I couldn't give her the milk she deserved. Also I would spend 30 min trying to breastfeed her then I would spend an hour to an hour and half pumping while someone took care of my daughter. That was one reason why I decided to stop trying and stop pumping. Was I had not bonded with her because of it and it made me resent her. After I stopped though we bonded quickly.  

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That name!!!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"