TTC After a Loss

I need an intervention.

Food is like a drug to me, and I have no will power to stop it.
I just went to dinner with friends and DH and consumed 1600 calories... then went for frozen yogurt on top of it.
That would be ok if it was only a one time occurrence. But no. I literally cant stop eating.
I did so good for the whole time I was pg then boom.. I said screw it all after my m/c and now its an awful, nasty addiction.
HELP!!
Trying for our first since April 2011
BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
Everyone welcome

Re: I need an intervention.

• I am with you on that!! I was eating properly when I was pregnant...and then this week hit. Missed miscarriage found on Monday, D&E on Wednesday, and about a million calories and grams of fat consumed in the meantime. I NEED to stop this nonsense eating!
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• Um.  Ditto.  I've gained 50 lbs in the past year due in part to emotional eating, and partly due to beer.  I obviously have no advice for you since I can't stop myself, but hopefully I can serve as a warning.  Additionally, I can give you super squishy hugs since I'm so squishy.
    PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you looked into therapy at all? I don't have a similar experience to share, but I do believe eating excessively can be an addiction. I sounds like you know you have a problem, which is a start. I'm sorry I don't have more helpful advice. Good luck!
  • I'm sorry, hun. Dont beat yourself up about it today. Tomorrow is a new day, just wake up, brush yourself off and try again. I heard somewhere that your body balances itself out over 3 days, so just try to take it easy this weekend. We all have been there- Af came last night and tonight I felt the need to eat half a large pizza. And if someone then offered me frozen yogurt, I prob wouldve taken it, too! Be kind to yourself. ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I most certainly can relate. I say to cut yourself some slack though. This process sucks and sometimes we just need a buffer or some type on "unhealthy" coping mechanism to help us through the beginning.

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageBethelgal42:
    I did the same thing right after my first and second losses. If you look at our budget, you can see the spikes in restaurant spending. What I learned about myself is that I'm a "grief eater." I was using food to fill the hole in my heart.

I think that's exactly what I'm doing..
    I feel like I'm doing much better today after realizing that's that I was doing too.
    Trying for our first since April 2011
    BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
    Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
    BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
    Everyone welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"