Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Supply after morning pump

Mobile: Supply after morning pump

I know our bodies are suppose to make more milk to keep up with our LOs demands, but I have noticed that if I pump immediately following the first feed of the day in the morning, she will eat every hour for a couple hours. Anybody else? She seems frustrated when I BF her after I pump and I only pump once a day to get a stash, otherwise I'm BFing her.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Supply after morning pump

• Options
    She's frustrated if you bf her after you pump b/c there probably isn't anything there for her.
  • Options
    imagemrsh0606:
    She's frustrated if you bf her after you pump b/c there probably isn't anything there for her.
    . I'm not BFig immediately after I pump. I'm talking an hour and a half later at her usual feeding.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue with their bodies not producing enough for that following feeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Start chugging that H2O because it sounds like your body is having a hard time keeping up. I went through the same thing. You must stay hydrated once I started that I had no problem feeding my son and pumping for later use. I'd have a glass every hour, yes you'll pee all the time but your supply will be a flowin! GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJandKHall:
    Start chugging that H2O because it sounds like your body is having a hard time keeping up. I went through the same thing. You must stay hydrated once I started that I had no problem feeding my son and pumping for later use. I'd have a glass every hour, yes you'll pee all the time but your supply will be a flowin! GL
    . Thanks! For some reason I didn't think of that. :
  • Options

imagemrsh0606:

This isn't entirely true because your breasts don't really empty. It's supply and demand so once your body adjusts to the routine of so much demand in the morning (due to the added pumping session), your supply will increase during that time of day in response. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"