August 2012 Moms
Options

Ever meet someone and dislike them immediately?

SFM: Ever meet someone and dislike them immediately?

I just met this girl who is moving her office to where my office is and I already don't like her. I don't know why really, but it was her tone when she introduced herself to me. She said, "so, what do you do?" And it came out so snotty that I already dislike her. Let's hope she grows on me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ever meet someone and dislike them immediately?

• Options
    That happens to me a lot... except I don't have to share an office with them. The other day I was shopping for baby clothes at Kohl's and there was a girl there shopping for clothes for her new LO with a bunch of her girl friends and just from the little bit of conversation I over heard I started to dislike her. I left that area before I was done shopping because I was getting so annoyed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yes. My mom works for a multi-million dollar company started and owned by a 28 year old. He just got married this summer and I'm not sure exactly what his wife does at the company or if she does anything except glare at everybody. I've been driving Mom to and from work since she broke her leg and guess whose Hummer is parked in the lone handicap space every morning? Yep, Miss B.itchy McB.itcherson herself. I swear, I pulled up yesterday and B McB was walking out and gave me the death stare. You don't know me! Snap!

She's not a happy person. They've been together for five years, had a few nasty breakups in that time, they have separate bank accounts (to the point that she needed to borrow $100 from him for something, so he pulled a Benjamin out of his wallet and told her really sternly that she needed to pay him back), and B McB wants to stop working and have a baby. Like, really badly. I feel sorry for the kid. He or she will want for nothing except maybe an non-b.itchy mother.

I guess it goes to show that money does not buy happiness. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel this was about over half the people I meet. I'm just really particular who I like to spend my time around and don't like shenanigans or BS. :) 
  • Options
    Mmhm. I met DH's uncle's step daughter this past weekend, and I didn't like her right off the bat. She was talking to MIL about how her 4 month old is so "advance" because she didn't start any "bad habits" when he was a newborn; such as not holding him all the time, not responding to cries if he wasn't hungry, ect, and when he got a little older not feeding him in the MOTN.

So basically she neglected her newborn.

I did not introduce myself to her. I don't want to know her.
  • Options

I try really, really hard not to insta-judge, mostly because I have a habit of making sh!tty first impressions. I'm like a labrador, so eager to have people like me that I sometimes accidentally knock cups off the table with my tail. Wait, what? Look, my tail is not the point.

The point is that in spite of my reluctance to do so, there have definitely been times when I've just immediately not taken to someone. A week after Sonia was born we had a friend come to visit, and he brought his new girlfriend who we'd never met before. She proceeded to take pictures of me and baby girl even though I very clearly told her that was not something I was up for, leave her lunch trash all over the damn kitchen, and (upon finding out my husband was born on October 31st) ask if his birthday "was on Halloween EVERY year?"

I just...couldn't. I'm sure she's a very sweet person, but jesus. Worst timing ever to be irritating as sh!t.  

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a new doctor at work and I don't like him at all! Can't put my finger on why yet!
  • Options

First impressions are very big for me.  And I find that my initial reaction to someone is usually accurate.  At least I find this true with co-workers.

ETA:  The last person we hired just rubbed me the wrong way from the start.  She is the laziest person I have ever worked with.  She is extremely loud and loves to make a lot of personal calls.  The one time, she was talking to a friend who got laid off, and she told them that she always only does the bare minimum of what is required for her.  That way, if she gets laid off, she would sue.  OY. 

photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am huge on first impressions and actually don't like most people. That makes me sound really mean, which I'm not! The general public is just...taxing.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    imageAggieDaner:
    I try really, really hard not to instajudge, mostly because I have a habit of making sh!tty first impressions. I'm like a labrador, so eager to have people like me that I sometimes accidentally knock cups off the table with my tail. Wait, what? Look, my tail is not the point.The point is that in spite of my reluctance to do so, there have definitely been times when I've just immediately not taken to someone. A week after Sonia was born we had a friend come to visit, and he brought his new girlfriend who we'd never met before. She proceeded to take pictures of me and baby girl even though I very clearly told her that was not something I was up for, leave her lunch trash all over the damn kitchen, and upon finding out my husband was born on October 31st ask if his birthday "was on Halloween EVERY year?"I just...couldn't. I'm sure she's a very sweet person, but jesus. Worst timing ever to be irritating as sh!t. nbsp;

WORD! To the first paragraph. I am the exact same way. As a result I think people find me to be too much. I just want people to like me!
  • Options

imageCLeigh03:
    I am huge on first impressions and actually don't like most people. That makes me sound really mean, which I'm not! The general public is just...taxing.

Couldn't have said it better. I think I also have a particularly low tolerance for stupidity/annoyance/etc.  

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"