August 2012 Moms
Options

If your supply is low:

I meant to originally post this here, but ended up on 3-6, so xped.

I started this MSPI diet and went from pumping 10oz each session to barely 4oz in two days. 

I didn't want to take blessed thistle because I've read that it can cause diarrhea, stomach cramps, and a lot of gas, and I already have digestive issues, TBH. I didn't want to try fenugreek because I didn't want to smell like syrup. So I called my LC. 

She told me to take calcium,magnesium, and zinc. It comes in one pill, three times a day to increase supply and two times a day to keep it steady. I took it for the first time last night and I'm already back up to my 10oz! 

Anyways, worth a shot. Something about the extra calcium and the magnesium and zinc help it absorb into your body faster and more efficiently. 

HTH!
A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: If your supply is low:

• Options
    Thank you for posting this. I have been trying so freakin hard to up my supply a little.

I saw you posted on the fffc thread that if you get less from pumping you feel freaked out. I feel the same. Thanksgiving I drank 2 glasses of soda when I'd normally drink about 35oz of water. Since then my supply hasn't been the same. I'm pumping 25 to 30oz a day instead 40ish oz. I have a freezer stash, but really don't want to use it yet unless i really have to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Where did you find this magic pill??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCGorgz:

It's just a vitamin. I bought it at CVS and this week, CVS brand vitamins are buy one, get one free. On the bottle it says: "Calcium, magnesium, and zinc."

Tula, the same thing happens if I drink caffeine. I've been pumping my normal amount and then some today and I can actually feel my letdown, which I usually never can. We've tried so hard not to switch to formula and I've been doing everything possible, which is why when I get 3oz out of one, I'm flipping out...especially after reading all of these ladies' posts who were doing fine and then their supply started dropping around this time! I'm also eating two bowls of oatmeal a day and trying to drink tons of water (not doing so hot on the water thing...I hate it!).

SCANDAL!

• Options

****WAIT!!!****

Just thought you should all know that this magic combo of yummies is supposed to increase libido as well.

For all of you trying to stay away from 2u2, be cautioned!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thank you so much for this info!! I'm going to pick some up tonight after work!

::crosses fingers:: Hope it works for me, I barely have enough to send to daycare. 

• Options
    imageloramag48:

::crosses fingers:: Hope it works for me, I barely have enough to send to daycare. 

Can I ask how much you DO get? I can pump three times a day (usually - sometimes I'm so swamped it doesn't happen.) and I can get 9 ounces for the day. She needs 12 ounces to take with her, so she always ends up with one formula bottle.

• Options
    imageMsbean22:
    imageloramag48:

Can I ask how much you DO get? I can pump three times a day (usually - sometimes I'm so swamped it doesn't happen.) and I can get 9 ounces for the day. She needs 12 ounces to take with her, so she always ends up with one formula bottle.

I pump 3 times a day before I got sick I would get about 15 oz by the end of the day maybe a little more. Jack normally eats 15oz at daycare so I was golden. Now I'm lucky if I pump 10oz at work, i'm still pumping 3 times. So I've added in an extra pump in the morning and one at night after he goes to bed, so that I can send him 15oz. Its frustrating because I've completely emptied my freezer stash.

I hope this helps because i'm not sure what I'm going to do if I can't get my supply up. 

• Options
    imagemlynne37wiu:
    imageanbeck4:

imageCGorgz:

It's just a vitamin. I bought it at CVS and this week, CVS brand vitamins are buy one, get one free. On the bottle it says: "Calcium, magnesium, and zinc."

Tula, the same thing happens if I drink caffeine. I've been pumping my normal amount and then some today and I can actually feel my letdown, which I usually never can. We've tried so hard not to switch to formula and I've been doing everything possible, which is why when I get 3oz out of one, I'm flipping out...especially after reading all of these ladies' posts who were doing fine and then their supply started dropping around this time! I'm also eating two bowls of oatmeal a day and trying to drink tons of water (not doing so hot on the water thing...I hate it!).

Do you think it's ok to take even though those ingredients are already in my daily vitamin?

I don't see why not...the LC knows I'm taking a daily vitamin and still told me to take them. Increase my libido? Whatever, gotta feed the kid I have for now lol and I'm on the mini pill so back up methods are being used...sometimes.
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    Awesome! Gonna look for it!! My supply took a random hit and hasn't recovered fully. I want to produce more though so I not only can keep up with him but keep building a stash too.

I suck at the water thing too. Ugh.

I hear you on not wanting to take fenugreek. I took it the first time around and couldn't stand smelling like syrup!

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Thank you for sharing about this! Every day I'm drinking Mother's Milk tea and nonalcoholic beer, eating oatmeal, and taking fenugreek and iron and am still too light on supply for our last couple of feedings every day. Nice to know there's something else to try!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"