Baby Names

Lani

Thoughts? I'm a fan of Hawaiian names, but I'm Hungarian/Italian and DH is Polish. Is Lani good for a nonHawaiian/Polynesian couple?

Ps: possible middle names if you like it? Last name is very similar to Sewell.
FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Lani

• I personally think Lani is too harsh of a sound for a little girl, much to my DH's dismay. I like the suggestion of Lana though. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemj.reilly:
    It looks and sounds like a nn to me.I do like Leilani, though. But it is a bit Hawaiian sounding.Have you considered Lana, prn /LAHnuh/?

I do like Leilani, Noelani, and Kailani, but they are too Hawaiian sounding. But my favorite is Noelani.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • I thinknits cute, but agree that it more of a nn or short for something else. What abiut Delaney?
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like it, think its pretty. I grew up with a Loni, pronounced the same way, so maye that's why I'm more open to it.

I also did a quick search, and it's a legit standalone name; Hawaiian for sky. https://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Lani
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I may be in the minority, but I like it. It both looks and sounds pretty to me. I think a one-syllable, traditionally feminine MN would sound good.

Lani Rose

Lani Grace

Lani Jane/Jean

• I like it too, either on its own or as a NN for a longer name (Noelani is my fave). Lana is ok, but I'd be hesitant because of what it spells backwards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"