Trouble TTC
Options

What do you think?

I had an appointment with my primary Dr today. Was looking for a referral with an RE and found out that the closest one is 3hrs away, one direction. I am still early on in IF process (see siggy). I am using clomid and am thinking that I could go to a local OB/Gyn I found who WILL monitor the cycles as a start and if need be I could switch to an RE. I would love to see an RE instead but given the distance and the number of trips, I just don't know that it is necessary at this point. What do you think?
Me: 30; DH: 28; Married: 10/06; No BC since 11/06 BFP 09/08; M/C at 8wks; BFP 01/09; DS born 09/09 TTC #2 since 01/11; Dx: PCOS 06/12 Clomid 50mg: 09/12: No O (unmonitored) Clomid 100mg: 10/12: No O (unmonitored) Breaking: switching Dr; FX for an RE referral

Re: What do you think?

• Options

I think an RE is worth the time. There are ladies here who have long drives to get to an RE for proper care. Even if an RE will monitor you, you have no guarantee they know what they're monitoring for or if something is going wrong.

ETA: You should be monitored - by an RE - on Clomid, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

imageH-Rod:
    I had an appointment with my primary Dr today. Was looking for a referral with an RE and found out that the closest one is 3hrs away, one direction. I am still early on in IF process (see siggy). I am using clomid and am thinking that I could go to a local OB/Gyn I found who WILL monitor the cycles as a start and if need be I could switch to an RE. I would love to see an RE instead but given the distance and the number of trips, I just don't know that it is necessary at this point. What do you think?

When I was trying to figure out what to do somebody here had suggested I contact an RE and see if they'd be willing to work with my local doctor for testing/monitoring etc.  That might be an option in your area...

Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would meet with the RE and see what they have to say. Maybe like PP stated you could have or OB and RE work together so you wouldn't have to make to many trips! I drive 1 hours to the one office but if they are closed I have like a 1.5 hr drive to main office. It sucks but I love my RE and its my only option! 

ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Options
    imageRuger04:

I would meet with the RE and see what they have to say. Maybe like PP stated you could have or OB and RE work together so you wouldn't have to make to many trips! I drive 1 hours to the one office but if they are closed I have like a 1.5 hr drive to main office. It sucks but I love my RE and its my only option! 

I agree with Talon..

I am sorry you guys have to drive that far for an appnt. Thats a

shame that good medical care is not easily accessible. 

BTW Ruger, who is PP? 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP # 1 on March 30/2012, H/B absent on 7/7/2012 , D/E 7/10/2012 PCOS- DX at age 17, Metformin regulated @ 1st but last cycle- anovulatory . My Body is a mystery. image
  • Options

imagetalon1226:
    I would go to an RE. According to your siggy, you didn't respond to the first 2 rounds of Clomid (you can't know for sure since you weren't monitored) so I definitely think it's worth seeing an RE. I know the drive sucks but I think it would be worth it. Good luck. 

cute pic :) 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP # 1 on March 30/2012, H/B absent on 7/7/2012 , D/E 7/10/2012 PCOS- DX at age 17, Metformin regulated @ 1st but last cycle- anovulatory . My Body is a mystery. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"