Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

At what point

Do you move from TTC to TTTC board?
__________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: At what point

• Options

The general rule is a year of actively trying.

ETA:  I should say, if you're under 35, the general rule is a year.  Over 35 is six months.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    Thank you; good to know.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think people necessarily "move". Some people are active on both, some on one or the other. It's not like you have to leave TTGP and go to TTTC after a certain point. The TTTC board is more appropriate for people who are over a year TTC and have some kind of interventions going (meds, etc), versus someone who is <1yr and still trying med/intervention free.

ETA: There are still a lot of people here that are on meds, seeing REs, trying >1 yr, etc.. usually a wealth of knowledge.

• Options
    3T is for people who are having trouble TTC, which generally means they have been trying over a year or have a diagnosed fertility issue.  I post on both boards, but post more frequently on TTGP.  

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Are you asking for yourself, or just in general? I thought people who already have children (I assume by your siggy that you do) and are having trouble ttc 2+ are supposed to go to Secondary IF. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options

imageCiderWench:
    Are you asking for yourself, or just in general? I thought people who already have children (I assume by your siggy that you do) and are having trouble ttc 2+ are supposed to go to Secondary IF. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Thats correct. I lurk on 3T bc I just started treatments and find helpful info there. But they did specifically tell someone recently 3T is more for people without children. Secondary IF for people with kids.  

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• Options
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageJilllyBean:

imageCiderWench:

Thats correct. I lurk on 3T bc I just started treatments and find helpful info there. But they did specifically tell someone recently 3T is more for people without children. Secondary IF for people with kids.  

You realize that someone having a kid doesn't make them secondary IF if they had IF the first time, right? That point seems to get lost on a number of people. 

Minimum of a year of trying, or a diagnosis of something prior to that point (such as anovulation) is generally when people start to migrate. We have 13 months but I have no intention of moving back over even if we start actively trying as we have no intention of doing treatments again.

Good point. It seems like most people on3T are trying for number 1 though. And I have seen them say that people with kids should move to secondary IF. But you are right.  

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards