July 2012 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• imagekellybellybean:
    I never write FFFCs but I have one today. nbsp;I often find myself judging my mom and my sister for their crappy parenting beliefs they live a mile apart and are BFFs, and my mom watches my niece all the time. nbsp;My sister's LO is 16 months old, and she's been giving her timeouts for months. nbsp;When she hits, they hit her back like they slap her hand, which I think is just about the worst approach ever. nbsp;They scream at her constantly, and they are staunch believers in CIO, so they berate me for not doing CIO. nbsp;They also are not fans of BFing, so they're always telling me how DS would sleep better/act better/etc if I just gave up. nbsp;FTR, I have an almostthreeyearold who was BF to 17 months and never did CIO, and she's just about the most awesome kid ever, and she's a great sleeper, so I didn't totally eff things up with her. nbsp;Anytime I try to offer alternate suggestions for altering my niece's behavior, they blow me off and say they aren't going to change. nbsp;I just don't understand how we can have such hugely differing beliefs on childrearing. nbsp;But it pisses me off to no end because they never, ever support my parenting choices, regardless of the outcome.

That bums me out. I'm sorry they treat you like that! And I'm sorry for your niece, too. Poor thing.

• imagecwm11985:
    imagedaniellesa1220:
    imagereinedecajun:

I also quit reading post from one poster, every time they post I feel all they are looking for is a chance to shake their finger. I guess it makes her feel on top of the food chain.

(No im not naming names, that's stupid) 

I've been kind of a b!tch lately, I don't know why, maybe im pms'y. But I kind of like it when im that way because I let more stuff out. 

I do this also with one poster.  I can't stand the "Holier than thou" attitude.

Ditto this; I bet its the same person.

I bet it is to! lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • imagecwm11985:
    And last one: using a hashtag on facebook is stupid.  Its not twitter. Twitter is stupid, too.

You're angry today.  I like it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Here is a stupid, bitterish, petty one.  I take mental notes of who likes my pictures of LO on FB and if they don't I will never, ever like their pictures even if it is super adorable. 
  • imagejfresh:
    imagenesenotes:

My second one is I really need to get my a$$ in gear and get into a moms group. I dont know why I have so much anxiety about this. I hate that I'm so shy. Also, I dont know what to expect. I've got to do something because this loneliness is killing me and its nobody's fault but my own. 

I need to do this too. There is a breast feeding group that meets Mondays (happens to be my day off work) at the hospital then goes to coffee, the park, or an activity after. I'm just nervous they will all secrety hate me. I'm a young mom and I'm worried they are all more of a "normal" parenting age and will look down on me or something. But they'll all be too nice to be mean to my face. Ahhhh I just need to get some balls and go!

Dont be shy, give your BF support group a try!   I go to the one in my area every week and there is a wide range of moms there with LOs of all ages. I have always found the moms to be friendly and nice. I made it out to be much scarier in my head than it actually was. 

• imageMelRC117:

imageSallySunrise:
    Oh I just thought of a really good one! TOTALLY flame worthy, although I hope you aren't TOO harsh on me... I was 18 and stupid and would never ever EVER do something like this now... Working my first daycare job, we had three babies with the exact same bottles. One time, they were all three in the warmer at the same time and I accidentally grabbed the wrong one, giving an EBF baby a full 6 oz bottle of formula! Then it gets worse. I completely freaked out when I realized my mistake, and when I confessed toy co teacher, who had been there for years, she told me that I'd get fired for that if I told the director. So I took her advice and poured out the breast milk bottle that baby should have had, made another formula bottle for the other baby, and no one was the wiser!!! Now as a mom, I cannot BELIEVE I did that!! FTR, the guilt haunted me for the next 5 years I worked with infants and I was always 100 percent honest with parents and directors from that day on. Also FTR, the baby was totally fine. Still... awful, awful thing to do!

I don't think its THAT big of a deal.  You caught it and corrected it.  Simple mistake.  Yeah, maybe you should have told them, but what would be any different if you accidentally spilt the bottle of BM?  I mean, yeah if the child had a milk allergy, then yes that would be an issue if you gave them milk-based formula but hey, mistakes are made.  This is one reason why I could never work in a daycare, I don't think I could handle the pressure of being responsible for someone elses' children, especially infants. 

Sally this made me lol! Its a honest mistake and after 15 years in preschool stuff like that happens more than people realize.

I think your the sweetest person ive ever met, if we would ever meet irl I feel I would have to go to confession and purify myself so I wouldnt tarnish you...lol!

• To Jfresh:

This has absolutley nothing to do with this post what so ever I just had to tell you I seen a onesie that made me think of Oliver today! It was at Target and it looked like a tuxedo!!! It was adorable!!!

Oh and I totally let my child eat play in dog poop, it's cheaper than playdoh Hmm

• imagedbliesmer:
    imagereinedecajun:
    To Jfresh:This has absolutley nothing to do with this post what so ever I just had to tell you I seen a onesie that made me think of Oliver today! It was at Target and it looked like a tuxedo!!! It was adorable!!! Oh and I totally let my child eat play in dog poop, it's cheaper than playdohnbsp;time
    You should patent that sht, I can here it now... rajun Cajun's poopdoh for those mom's that just don't give a crap"

Poo Poo Doh sounds amazing, I know some little boys that would love it! BWHAHAHAHAHA

• imagejfresh:
    imagereinedecajun:
    To Jfresh:

This has absolutley nothing to do with this post what so ever I just had to tell you I seen a onesie that made me think of Oliver today! It was at Target and it looked like a tuxedo!!! It was adorable!!!

Oh and I totally let my child eat play in dog poop, it's cheaper than playdoh Hmm

Aw! I've been waiting to bring out his little bowtie/vest combo, maybe this weekend.

I think I'll let Oliver play in the poop if I sanitize it first, you think the Medela steam bags would work for that?

Nothing like steamed dog crap 

• imagemrsmckinky:
    -I love that Dex is able to sort of 'play' on his own now (like when he is in his jumper, he amuses himself), but I feel like I am taking advantage of it a little too much - I use that time to clean, work, Bump, etc.  He isn't playing alone for long periods of time, or anything like that, but I feel like I should be entertaining him.  My mom thinks I'm crazy.

-I think I've become the "me too!" commenter on threads!  I love being able to relate with all of you ladies, and I'm usually late to the game on a lot of posts, but I feel like I'm not adding much to the threads other than, 'Oh yeah, Dex does that too and blah blah blah.'  Enough so that I feel like I should stop commenting altogether!  

-My 'good sleeper' was up every hour last night, for no apparent reason other than that he wanted to eat. All.Night.Long.  So he just slept with us. I know I'm not the only one who goes through the awake all night babies, but for someone who has gotten used to LO sleeping many consecutive hours, it sucked!  Then, DH got up at 6 to change his diaper.  Apparently, right after he put him back into bed with us, Dex sharted.  I woke up in a pile of juicy shiit because he blew through the leg of his diaper (I guess DH didn't snap it on tight enough).

-Dex has a Zebra toy from Target, I think, that has a bunch of little dangly things on it (I'm sure 50% of us have it).  I've started calling it a Zeh-brah (the way English people do) instead of Zee-brah, and DH and I think it's hysterically funny and it's probably the stupidest thing we've ever laughed over.

You guys sound like the cutest funnest couple ever. I wish you lived around me. DH insists on calling Sophie the giraffe Becky. So now we all call the stupid thing Becky and giggle. Its dumb. 

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • imagemegs52881:
    Here is a stupid, bitterish, petty one. nbsp;I take mental notes of who likes my pictures of LO on FB and if they don't I will never, ever like their pictures even if it is super adorable.nbsp;

Bahahaha i do the same thing. I never "like" pics my sister posts of her stupid quilting squares bc she has NEVER liked or commented on a pic of Jackson. It's her flippin nephew!!! And i also think it's funny that the only guys who ever like his pics are my gay friends.
    imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• imagefishybride82:

Okay, here is mine.

I actually know who one of you is IRL.  And, I don't post lots of things, because I think you will figure it out (if you don't already know). FTR and others reading this, you are just as nice here as you are IRL.  That is all.  

Hmm that's a cool twist! If they don't know then you should start a new thread every day with 1 clue until they figure it out :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefishybride82:

Okay, here is mine.

I actually know who one of you is IRL.  And, I don't post lots of things, because I think you will figure it out (if you don't already know). FTR and others reading this, you are just as nice here as you are IRL.  That is all.  

Interesting

• imagedbliesmer:
    This is why mine was more of a question.  I know there are several types of sleep training and CIO is just one type, but was just wondering why it is necessary?  I was just using CIO as an example.

It's not if your baby's sleep habits/needs work for you.  I have no need of it because E's needs and my needs align pretty well.  Occasionally I go to work on not enough sleep or have to nurse her to sleep or whatever, but it doesn't bother me and in general we're fine.

But if you had a baby who's sleep needs were causing problems for momma or a baby who was over tired because they couldn't get enough meaningful sleep, then sleep training could help make happier moms and babies.

• imagejfresh:
    imagereinedecajun:
    imagefishybride82:

Okay, here is mine.

Interesting

I think everyone probably ran through their friends and acquaintences in their head real quick trying to think if any of them have July babies lol

Definitely has me thinking! Mostly I'm dying to know whether "just as nice IRL" means it's a sweet bumpie/person or if it was sarcastic, meaning its a b!tchy bumpie/person..... So intriguing!

• imageSallySunrise:
    Mostly I'm dying to know whether "just as nice IRL" means it's a sweet bumpie/person or if it was sarcastic, meaning its a b!tchy bumpie/person..... So intriguing!

That's where my brain got stuck too!

• imagejfresh:
    imagereinedecajun:
    imagefishybride82:

Okay, here is mine.

Interesting

I think everyone probably ran through their friends and acquaintences in their head real quick trying to think if any of them have July babies lol

if its me can we go out for coffee sometime? I need to get out.

• ive only eaten candy today

• imagefishybride82:
    imageKarmB:
    imagejfresh:
    imagereinedecajun:
    imagefishybride82:

Okay, here is mine.

Interesting

if its me can we go out for coffee sometime? I need to get out.

It isn't you, but it would be nice to meet you IRL. I'd totes go out for coffee. Except I'd get tea because I think I'm 80.  

Im so jealous, someone kidnap me from south suckalina. 

• I dont wanna start a new thread so im posting my story here.

I was at work and I had to mail a personal package. I asked my boss and she said sure. i ran to the PO (3 doors down). there were 2 people ahead of me and someone filling out a birthday card on the side. No biggie. Then the birthday card lady turns to me. (real convo)
    Lady: I forgot my stamps so I need one.
    me:  Okay.
    Lady: So Im going in front of you.
    Me: What?
    Lady: I just need one stamp so I'm going to go in front of you.
    Me: I'm on the clock right now. My boss will be angry if I take too long.
    Lady: I dont want her to be angry at you, but I won't be long.
    Me: Me either. I'm on the clock, Ma'am.
    Lady: I forgot my stamps.

Everyone was staring at her like "are yhou seriously doing this?"

• imageManda+Chase:

I just read 7 pages of FFFC for the sole purpose of trying to find someone who thinks that NOT liking The Big Bang Theory is crazy. I love that show!

I also LOVE Duck Dynasty. That show is hilarious and reminds me so much of my own family. I always think of my dad when I watch it. Cracks me up. 

And a more serious one. I think I've been hard on my MIL because I'm jealous/sad that LO will never get to know my mom because she passed away. I need to get over it and just be happy that LO has a grandmother that is head over heels for him. But I still wish he had two grandmothers. 

I looooooooooove Big Bang Theory too. Don't worry.

• imagehijoi:

imagecwm11985:
    I think all of these "I hope I'm not pregnant" posts are ridiculous.  If you don't want to get knocked up, use from freakin protection.  It makes me really side eye people who do this.

Yes! Because there is no such thing as an "oops pregnancy." If you have unprotected sex then you have taken that chance and you effing KNOW it.  It's a choice to use protection or not.

Unless you are like my friends who got a vasectomy and were finishing up birth control and still got pregnant!

And, I love Big Bang Theory.

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • imagemichaela080:
    imagehijoi:

imagecwm11985:
    I think all of these "I hope I'm not pregnant" posts are ridiculous.  If you don't want to get knocked up, use from freakin protection.  It makes me really side eye people who do this.

Yes! Because there is no such thing as an "oops pregnancy." If you have unprotected sex then you have taken that chance and you effing KNOW it.  It's a choice to use protection or not.

Unless you are like my friends who got a vasectomy and were finishing up birth control and still got pregnant!

i hope my period is wacky cuz theres a baby in me belly

• imageKarmB:
    imagemichaela080:
    imagehijoi:

imagecwm11985:

Um there is?

• imagebreannie:
    imageKarmB:
    imagemichaela080:
    imagehijoi:

imagecwm11985:

Um there is?

Maybe, Baby. Okay, I doubt it lol.

• imageKarmB:
    imagebreannie:
    imageKarmB:

Um there is?

dun dun dun!

• imagebreannie:
    imageKarmB:
    imagebreannie:
    imageKarmB:

Um there is?

dun dun dun!

On the next episode of As the Board turns...

• imageKarmB:
    imagebreannie:
    imageKarmB:
    imagebreannie:
    imageKarmB:

Um there is?

dun dun dun!

On the next episode of As the Board turns...

That would be awessssooommme! As the board turns I mean...

• imagedbliesmer:

Sorry if this sounds hars BUT I think if you take what internet strangers say as hurtful than you are a twatwaffle.  I'm not saying you cannot come on here to vent, but when you vent about having problems several times don't be surprised if you get some snarky responses.  It doesn't mean they are being bi$chy.  They are simply expressing their opinion, which you clearly asked for, and in some cases they may be right based on the information you have provided.  Either take their advice with a grain of salt, listen to it, or DGAF.  Either way if you can't handle it, then quit posting about your problems.

Obiously I'm not one of the WE ladies.

Hooray!

• hip hip whore ray

• imageHuskieFanUW:
    imagemrsmckinky:
    imagenesenotes:

imagemrsmckinky:
    -I love that Dex is able to sort of 'play' on his own now (like when he is in his jumper, he amuses himself), but I feel like I am taking advantage of it a little too much - I use that time to clean, work, Bump, etc.  He isn't playing alone for long periods of time, or anything like that, but I feel like I should be entertaining him.  My mom thinks I'm crazy.

-I think I've become the "me too!" commenter on threads!  I love being able to relate with all of you ladies, and I'm usually late to the game on a lot of posts, but I feel like I'm not adding much to the threads other than, 'Oh yeah, Dex does that too and blah blah blah.'  Enough so that I feel like I should stop commenting altogether!  

-My 'good sleeper' was up every hour last night, for no apparent reason other than that he wanted to eat. All.Night.Long.  So he just slept with us. I know I'm not the only one who goes through the awake all night babies, but for someone who has gotten used to LO sleeping many consecutive hours, it sucked!  Then, DH got up at 6 to change his diaper.  Apparently, right after he put him back into bed with us, Dex sharted.  I woke up in a pile of juicy shiit because he blew through the leg of his diaper (I guess DH didn't snap it on tight enough).

-Dex has a Zebra toy from Target, I think, that has a bunch of little dangly things on it (I'm sure 50% of us have it).  I've started calling it a Zeh-brah (the way English people do) instead of Zee-brah, and DH and I think it's hysterically funny and it's probably the stupidest thing we've ever laughed over.

You guys sound like the cutest funnest couple ever. I wish you lived around me. DH insists on calling Sophie the giraffe Becky. So now we all call the stupid thing Becky and giggle. Its dumb. 

LOL, thanks!  We've renamed Sophie the giraffe as Alfred.  It sounds more exciting.  And FTR, when I say Zeh-brah, it's in the dad's voice from the Wild Thornberry's.  Yes, I am THAT person.  Run away, run awaaay!

DH refused to get Sofie, so we got her alien friend Gnon, they are made by the same people.  He said that Kinsley wanted to be different.

yup! we did the alien too

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"