Trouble TTC

Monitoring update & quetsion

So, I'm beyond thrilled right now!! I had my monitoring appointment and the doctor said that my lining looked good (1.89 where it should be 2.0) and that I have two follicles, so that the Clomid is actually doing it's job and I *should* ovulate.  He said I have one at 1.8cm (is that right?) and one at 2.4.  He said the 2.4 one is a bit too big already, but that it could possibly work, and that the 1.8 follicle is right where it should be.  He said that right now I have the 20% chance of conceiving just like couples w/out IF issues.  Also, if it doesn't happen this month then we would go with IUI next month and the cost of that is only $300 (for everything needed, the wash and insertion and all).  

My question is: he said to stop taking the pronetrium since my lining was where it was.  But, he went back and forth on this tons before making the decision.  He is not my normal doctor, so I'm having a bit of a hard time trusting him.  Should I call and consult with my typical doctor, or trust him?   

So, I'm just so happy it's working - and that we have a game plan if this is not the month.  He left me by saying, "Fingers crossed, but not your legs!" Which made me laugh so much!  

Me: 30, DH: 40 
TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

Re: Monitoring update & quetsion

• Great numbers!  I would ask your dr if you feel like you are going to stress over it.  Glad your apt went well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • I just didn't know if that was normal - to need it one month but not the next...Since I'm not dealing with an RE - I just wanted to check in with you guys...but, I think after that appointment I"m not going to stress at all this month...well, until the 2ww that is! lol ;)
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Loading the player...
  • I would call your doctor and ask just to make sure.... thats just me... I always worry!
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"